The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:Early diner today then of to the Omniplex Maxx screen to see Top Gun Maverick. This will be my once every 5 year trip to the cinema :D
Haven’t been to the cinema for at least 15 years.

Mrs B wants to see the new Top Gun too, so I might be making an appearance myself soon :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:Early diner today then of to the Omniplex Maxx screen to see Top Gun Maverick. This will be my once every 5 year trip to the cinema :D
Haven’t been to the cinema for at least 15 years.

Mrs B wants to see the new Top Gun too, so I might be making an appearance myself soon :D
Saw the last James Bond when it came out last year, Cinemas have really changed since my last visit about 45 years back to see Jaws :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Bored of all this jubilee rubbish already, it’s only Day 1 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Just spent the afternoon at our cul-de-sac Street party that a few of the Ladies decided to organise.
Each house were asked to donate to the buffet and of course they all tried to outdo each other so could have fed 200 instead of the 35 that were there. Will add the leftovers were taken to the charity sleep safe to feed homeless folk.
Couldn't believe everyone stuck it out, was wet and cold but don't think anyone wanted to leave first :shock:
At least Mrs SW won a bottle of wine in the bingo :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Well must admit that was a very enjoyable bit of escapism. If you liked Top Gun 1 then I think you would enjoy this. I'm usually not a fan of Hollywood action films where the unbelievable happens every scene but this worked.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Bored of all this jubilee rubbish already, it’s only Day 1 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Just spent the afternoon at our cul-de-sac Street party that a few of the Ladies decided to organise.
Each house were asked to donate to the buffet and of course they all tried to outdo each other so could have fed 200 instead of the 35 that were there. Will add the leftovers were taken to the charity sleep safe to feed homeless folk.
Couldn't believe everyone stuck it out, was wet and cold but don't think anyone wanted to leave first :shock:
At least Mrs SW won a bottle of wine in the bingo :D
We’ve been to a jubilee gala in the village.

As we live just a few miles apart SW, it’s no surprise that it was also wet and cold but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, all the village seemed to turn out to support the event.

I might just have got it wrong about this jubilee thing :oops: :oops: :oops:

P.S Lovely touch taking all the food to sleep safe :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Has anyone seen any swifts, house martins or swallows yet ? They seem to be late this year here.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Has anyone seen any swifts, house martins or swallows yet ? They seem to be late this year here.
Not seen any hirundines ( think that’s the collective term ) round here yet but now you’ve said I’ll keep my eyes out. Could watch swifts all day wonderful birds .
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

More Swifts here in the West of Ireland than last year. I love them, but I leave the garage door open for my dogs to come and go as they please. Swifts keep building nests inside though. I closed the doors for a week, thinking they'd build somewhere else, but within minutes of opening doors, the same (or other) Swifts are there again...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Has anyone seen any swifts, house martins or swallows yet ? They seem to be late this year here.
On the Sherwood FB community page they have a cam in a nest box showing swifts
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

They’re clever these companies I’ve just phoned Virgin Media to enquire why my bill is so high & the response was it’s because my contract has expired. I said so I can leave now then at no extra cost but was told I still have to give 30 days notice, it’s all in the small print supposedly :roll: Another call to Vodafone as my contract expires in August, I pay for both our phones & was told at contracts end we will own our iPhone 11’s & the bill will be reduced to a more manageable £10 per month if I give notice on the 22/07/2021. I’m now going to look at SKY with the son in law who’s more au fait with these things & see what kind of a starters pack we can get.
Winner of the Europa League