The blabla of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Re: The blabla of the forum

Postby johnh » 21 Aug 2019, 20:03

rigger wrote:I think it only appears there when it's been read by the intended recipient, John.



I thought it only appeared there after log-out, so I logged out, logged back in but it still wasn't there. :shock: Thanks for the info.
I once played against Don Revie.
User avatar
johnh
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 6531
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 15:26

Re: The blabla of the forum

Postby CorkWhite » 21 Aug 2019, 23:57

johnh wrote:CorkWhite, hope you see this. I sent an acknowledgement to your PM earlier today and then a full reply not long ago. However, I am not sure what is happening with my PM's as after I hit 'submit' nothing shows in 'Sent items', even after getting the message 'your message has been sent'. I apologise if you receive multiple messages. :thumbup:

Thanks John, I received the replies and as always they are much appreciated. :thumbup:
Give me a pair of binoculars, a blue bucket and a translator, then i will get you promoted.
User avatar
CorkWhite
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser
 
Posts: 596
Joined: 02 May 2018, 04:43
Location: Southern Philippines

Re: The blabla of the forum

Postby Davycc » 25 Aug 2019, 16:54

Went for a walk with the mutt. May be making jam tomorrow.

Image
The Thrones Murders https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1686297025
User avatar
Davycc
Bielsa's English Teacher
 
Posts: 9694
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:09
Location: Wet West Britain

Re: The blabla of the forum

Postby CorkWhite » 25 Aug 2019, 16:57

Today was quiet an eventful day in our house here in the southern Philippines.

Firstly i had issues with what i thought was one mouse but it turned out there were six of them a mommy and daddy and four young mice. I was awoken by my eight year old kid who was screaming and wouldn't come out of the toilet where one of the mice must have ran over his foot as he was doing his thing. scared the living bejeezus out of the young fella.

I placed down some slicky glue mat which you can buy here for 10 pence and there are two sheets for that price so you get two sticky glue mats. I had a cup of coffee as it was 4am when my kid awoke me. I wasn't long after finishing the coffee only to hear some squeaking sounds and when i investigated the sounds i found four small baby mice stuck on the glue mat, They couldn't escape and you could see they were terrified. I have a very soft heart and i managed to release them from the glue which in itself can tear the skin off an adult mouse as it struggles to get free but i was careful as possible and released them all. They were so small i just wanted them to have a chance at life. I did however catch the mommy and daddy mice soon after on the second glue mat, I also released them over the wall along with the babies.

I am not into killing things for the sake of it even though in the past year i have killed one or two of them which for some strange reason i felt terrible after doing so. Today was a more spiritual day and somewhat back to being the person i always have been meant to be. merciful and somewhat soft hearted.

As i was finishing some work in the afternoon my neighbor ran to our back door screaming there was a snake in our compound, they live in the same place as we do which we share the same plot (hard to explain) but they are good neighbors nonetheless. I asked her what kind of snake (as if i have any blooming experience of them) she told me it was a cobra and where it went after she threw a bamboo stick towards it after it posed to strike her. For those that don't know about the cobra it coils up in a circle formation and lifts its head bringing its muscles inwards by its head so that it can strike from distance with either a spitting venom or a bite with venom. Dangerous isn't an understatement. I decided to investigate where she said she seen the cobra go after she hit it with the bamboo. (Another fact that most people don't know is the bamboo wood makes snakes feel weak) and they genuinely try to avoid bamboo altogether and its easier to catch them if you have a bamboo stick.

I have very little experience with snakes of any kind and although i didn't feel scared, but i am still wary of them especially if they are the poisonous kind. I am more inquisitive of them as in Ireland St Patrick got rid of the original snakes and left them all in Dail Eireann instead. just like those in Lords.... Anyway i tried to smoke the snake out fo the hiding place but i failed to do so. Again i didn't want to kill it or hurt it yet if it came to a choice between any of my family or the snake i would definitely kill the snake and then i would eat it afterwards ( like chicken supposedly) My wife and many Filipinoes have said the same thing and that its a delicacy here.

So today. six mice and a cobra lived for another day, I hope i don't regret not being more severe or barbaric in the coming days. But i suspect that the snake wouldn't come near any house unless he was following the scent of the mice in the first place. Usually they do go hand in hand, Rats or mice attract snakes in these places I just have to watch my step when it goes to picking any of my home grown vegetables in the back yard now.

All the best Corkie
Give me a pair of binoculars, a blue bucket and a translator, then i will get you promoted.
User avatar
CorkWhite
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser
 
Posts: 596
Joined: 02 May 2018, 04:43
Location: Southern Philippines

Re: The blabla of the forum

Postby CorkWhite » 25 Aug 2019, 17:04

Davycc wrote:Went for a walk with the mutt. May be making jam tomorrow.

Image

They look very nice Davy, I used to love picking them with my dad and then he would make the jam afterwards. Its traditional things like this that is dying out i feel. Good on you mate. go on and give your family a nice treat from some fresh blackberry jam

Feeling kinda hungry now after seeing that pic....
Give me a pair of binoculars, a blue bucket and a translator, then i will get you promoted.
User avatar
CorkWhite
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser
 
Posts: 596
Joined: 02 May 2018, 04:43
Location: Southern Philippines

Re: The blabla of the forum

Postby Selby White » 25 Aug 2019, 17:09

Davycc wrote:Went for a walk with the mutt. May be making jam tomorrow.

Image


One Golden rule to remember when picking blackberries :-

Only pick those above waist height ;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 9048
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: The blabla of the forum

Postby Davycc » 25 Aug 2019, 17:10

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:Went for a walk with the mutt. May be making jam tomorrow.

Image


One Golden rule to remember when picking blackberries :-

Only pick those above waist height ;)


I left a few for those that don't follow that one :thumbup:
The Thrones Murders https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1686297025
User avatar
Davycc
Bielsa's English Teacher
 
Posts: 9694
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:09
Location: Wet West Britain

Re: The blabla of the forum

Postby Barlow Boy » 25 Aug 2019, 17:35

CorkWhite wrote:Today was quiet an eventful day in our house here in the southern Philippines.

Firstly i had issues with what i thought was one mouse but it turned out there were six of them a mommy and daddy and four young mice. I was awoken by my eight year old kid who was screaming and wouldn't come out of the toilet where one of the mice must have ran over his foot as he was doing his thing. scared the living bejeezus out of the young fella.

I placed down some slicky glue mat which you can buy here for 10 pence and there are two sheets for that price so you get two sticky glue mats. I had a cup of coffee as it was 4am when my kid awoke me. I wasn't long after finishing the coffee only to hear some squeaking sounds and when i investigated the sounds i found four small baby mice stuck on the glue mat, They couldn't escape and you could see they were terrified. I have a very soft heart and i managed to release them from the glue which in itself can tear the skin off an adult mouse as it struggles to get free but i was careful as possible and released them all. They were so small i just wanted them to have a chance at life. I did however catch the mommy and daddy mice soon after on the second glue mat, I also released them over the wall along with the babies.

I am not into killing things for the sake of it even though in the past year i have killed one or two of them which for some strange reason i felt terrible after doing so. Today was a more spiritual day and somewhat back to being the person i always have been meant to be. merciful and somewhat soft hearted.

As i was finishing some work in the afternoon my neighbor ran to our back door screaming there was a snake in our compound, they live in the same place as we do which we share the same plot (hard to explain) but they are good neighbors nonetheless. I asked her what kind of snake (as if i have any blooming experience of them) she told me it was a cobra and where it went after she threw a bamboo stick towards it after it posed to strike her. For those that don't know about the cobra it coils up in a circle formation and lifts its head bringing its muscles inwards by its head so that it can strike from distance with either a spitting venom or a bite with venom. Dangerous isn't an understatement. I decided to investigate where she said she seen the cobra go after she hit it with the bamboo. (Another fact that most people don't know is the bamboo wood makes snakes feel weak) and they genuinely try to avoid bamboo altogether and its easier to catch them if you have a bamboo stick.

I have very little experience with snakes of any kind and although i didn't feel scared, but i am still wary of them especially if they are the poisonous kind. I am more inquisitive of them as in Ireland St Patrick got rid of the original snakes and left them all in Dail Eireann instead. just like those in Lords.... Anyway i tried to smoke the snake out fo the hiding place but i failed to do so. Again i didn't want to kill it or hurt it yet if it came to a choice between any of my family or the snake i would definitely kill the snake and then i would eat it afterwards ( like chicken supposedly) My wife and many Filipinoes have said the same thing and that its a delicacy here.

So today. six mice and a cobra lived for another day, I hope i don't regret not being more severe or barbaric in the coming days. But i suspect that the snake wouldn't come near any house unless he was following the scent of the mice in the first place. Usually they do go hand in hand, Rats or mice attract snakes in these places I just have to watch my step when it goes to picking any of my home grown vegetables in the back yard now.

All the best Corkie

Blimey, and I thought I’d had a busy day in the garden watching the cricket with a beer.

I’m with you Corky, I can’t harm anything, well done mate :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 7022
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 19:28
Location: Barlow, obviously.

Re: The blabla of the forum

Postby johnh » 25 Aug 2019, 18:57

CW, didn't you buy another glue mat to get the Cobra? :D
I once played against Don Revie.
User avatar
johnh
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 6531
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 15:26

Re: The blabla of the forum

Postby CorkWhite » 26 Aug 2019, 01:14

johnh wrote:CW, didn't you buy another glue mat to get the Cobra? :D

Cost too much and i'm a bit frugal John. The mice had already cost me a fortune :lol:
Give me a pair of binoculars, a blue bucket and a translator, then i will get you promoted.
User avatar
CorkWhite
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser
 
Posts: 596
Joined: 02 May 2018, 04:43
Location: Southern Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests