The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Just back from a family day out at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, fourth year running its becoming a pre-Xmas routine, just to see the grandkids faces filled with excitement brings joy to us, great day out.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Just back from a family day out at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, fourth year running its becoming a pre-Xmas routine, just to see the grandkids faces filled with excitement brings joy to us, great day out.
Sounds a good day out.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just booked rooms in Bristol, Cheltenham, Taunton, York, Scarborough, Manchester & Southampton for the cricket next year. Manchester & Southampton are Hilton’s what a pigging nightmare booking rooms. Not sure what country my call was sent to it certainly wasn’t in the UK talk about jumping through hoops & having to repeat thing at least three times ( average booking time 15 minutes :twisted: ) mind on the first I was asked would I like 500 Hilton Honors points so I agreed. Question 1 was I travelling to the USA ( no ) Question 2 will I be travelling to the USA in the foreseeable future ( no) thank you I’ve credited your account with 500 points took a minute. When I was asked when I booked Southampton I was asked again & another 500 points accumulated :D
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just booked rooms in Bristol, Cheltenham, Taunton, York, Scarborough, Manchester & Southampton for the cricket next year. Manchester & Southampton are Hilton’s what a pigging nightmare booking rooms. Not sure what country my call was sent to it certainly wasn’t in the UK talk about jumping through hoops & having to repeat thing at least three times ( average booking time 15 minutes :twisted: ) mind on the first I was asked would I like 500 Hilton Honors points so I agreed. Question 1 was I travelling to the USA ( no ) Question 2 will I be travelling to the USA in the foreseeable future ( no) thank you I’ve credited your account with 500 points took a minute. When I was asked when I booked Southampton I was asked again & another 500 points accumulated :D
*COUGH*
You could've asked a local ;)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Second son has been staying the week-end with us. He returned home to York today. Dropped him off at Maidenhead station for the London train at 10.15 am. He phoned at 7.45 pm to say that he had just got home. Got kicked off the train at Doncaster due to some problem or other. Got a train to Leeds, couldn't get on a York train, too many people, so walked to the bus station and got a bus. Nine and a half hours is a tad longer than it usually takes. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

johnh wrote:Second son has been staying the week-end with us. He returned home to York today. Dropped him off at Maidenhead station for the London train at 10.15 am. He phoned at 7.45 pm to say that he had just got home. Got kicked off the train at Doncaster due to some problem or other. Got a train to Leeds, couldn't get on a York train, too many people, so walked to the bus station and got a bus. Nine and a half hours is a tad longer than it usually takes. :shock:
Do you think HS2 would solve this?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Wow joined the forum 10 yrs ago today! Here's to the next 10 :wave: ;)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mr Russell wrote:Wow joined the forum 10 yrs ago today! Here's to the next 10 :wave: ;)
Well done Mr R :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mr Russell wrote:Wow joined the forum 10 yrs ago today! Here's to the next 10 :wave: ;)
Happy Anniversary Mr R :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Another 10 year poster excellent :clap:
Winner of the Europa League