Why does everything happen at once

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Why does everything happen at once

Post by Davycc »

Step daughter (well nearly, am working on it with her mother) not only has departed for Portsmouth last week to work but has kindly taken her indoors car with her along with new brake dics pad, pipes, 2 new tyres and a full service just in case along with the labour. So a new car was required for the boss. My exhaust packed up the day after she left. Last Wed the oil boiler packed up so after looking around we've decided to get gas in, which to be honest I'm kind of happy to do, but not just after a full fill of heating oil.

Anyone know tonights lottery number?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Why does everything happen at once

Post by Sheepy »

it never rains it pours huh!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:Step daughter (well nearly, am working on it with her mother) not only has departed for Portsmouth last week to work but has kindly taken her indoors car with her along with new brake dics pad, pipes, 2 new tyres and a full service just in case along with the labour. So a new car was required for the boss. My exhaust packed up the day after she left. Last Wed the oil boiler packed up so after looking around we've decided to get gas in, which to be honest I'm kind of happy to do, but not just after a full fill of heating oil.

Anyone know tonights lottery number?
Davycc
I can sympathise. Back in June, her indoors went to house sit for my daughter who was on holiday (2 weeks). While she was away, I was taken ill, the central heating pump conked out so no hot water. I put the immersion heater on and that conked out too. I was so bad I think the plumber and electrician thought they were dealing with a zombie. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It's sod's law, mate ... and usually happens just when you begin to think you might be getting ahead :(

They say you're supposed to have four good friends in the shape of a lawyer, a doctor, a banker and a mechanic as you get older.
Well, I've got one and he's the grease monkey and he's the only person who's worked on my various vehicles for the past 20 years.
I've got a Jeep Cherokee that's been rock solid for five years now, so it's also about what you drive I guess ...

But now I've said that, you know I'll probably be adding to this thread soon enough ! :D

Good luck with it all, mate ...
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

Had one of those days yesterday: phone packed up so had to go off to site visit on outskirts of Nottingham without said communication tool. On the way I discovered that the recently installed map update has killed my sat nav so was on my way to site meeting without a clue as to where I was going and ended up late but couldn't ring the guy to get directions or tell him I was late!!

Back in the sanctuary of Leeds I get told by Apple* that rainwater has got inside phone because I've used it outside (apparently this is not advised :o - the concept of the word mobile hasn't reached them yet it seems) so had to pay out for a new phone. Got home to install backup onto new phone and PC wouldn't boot up..... :(

Today is a new day!!

* Other fruits are available, with sales staff slightly less up their own backsides
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Where about's in Nottingham were you ?
Winner of the Europa League
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Where about's in Nottingham were you ?
Colwick. Eventually :oops:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Pecky10 wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Where about's in Nottingham were you ?
Colwick. Eventually :oops:
T'other end of the city from us, we are a few minutes off of J25 of the M1.
Winner of the Europa League