Adam Lyth

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Adam Lyth

Post by 1964white »

Been in the North Yorks Moors most of the day, dropped into Costa for coffee in Whitby before going onto one of our favourite restaurants at Raven Hall Hotel, Ravenscar

Sat on the next table to Adam Lyth, couldn't resist to have a chat with him

Asked him if he was a little disappointed to lose his England place & he replied "of course & the experience has made him even more determined to regain his place back. Said he "was over the moon with his maiden century" Asked him if his lost of form after his 100 was a lack of confidence thing he said "No i just think the bowling was much better especially v the Aussie's.

Asked him did he feel the weakened team we put out v Gloucestershire in the cup semi-final was the reason we lost the match...."I was really pleased with my own contribution although annoyed with myself with the way i conceded my wicket". "Thought Jack Brooks should have played ahead of Richard Pyrah". Told him many fans thought the same

He thinks we'll win the league again next season & Alex Lees will have a much better season next year

Jokingly asked him if Geoff gives him some stick, he said "No if Boycott admires you he is always prepared to offer advice & encouragement"

Shook hands & wish him the best of luck for next season