Horse Racing Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Horse Racing Thread

Post by 1964white »

Royal Diamond wins the Group 3 race & 20/1 trained & ridden by the magnificent Johnny Murtagh in the first at Ascot

I selected four horses with three in the first three & The Queen's hot favourite Estimate out of the frame :)
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Not a bad weekend last week for me as i picked the winner in the Caulfield Cup (Fawlkner) and got a percentage of the trifecta as well
1. Fawlkner
2. Dandino (UK horse)
3. Dear Demi

Had the 4th place horse as well but i dont bet on first 4's :crazy:

The Cox Plate for us down under this weekend, hopefully i can do more of the same.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mr Russell wrote:Not a bad weekend last week for me as i picked the winner in the Caulfield Cup (Fawlkner) and got a percentage of the trifecta as well
1. Fawlkner
2. Dandino (UK horse)
3. Dear Demi

Had the 4th place horse as well but i dont bet on first 4's :crazy:

The Cox Plate for us down under this weekend, hopefully i can do more of the same.
Well done Mr Russell

Unsure if there are many horse racing fans on here
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Cox plate was on last weekend, sadly i did not have as much luck as the Caulfield Cup

1. Shamus Award - For the 1st time ever a maiden and an apprentice jockey has won this race since its inception in 1922, it payed $25
2. Happy Trails - my pick in the race, stormed home and if it was another metre it would have won BUT did not
3. Fiorente - Favourite for next Tuesday's Melbourne Cup

This weekend is the Derby at Flemington.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Tony McCoy rides his 4000th winner of a wondeful career, a magnificennt achievement !

AP has broken nearly every bone in his body just like many jockeys who are tough as old boots, these little men make footballers look soft tbh

This is major & will no doubt be given national coverage by the BBC/ITV/Sky News media !