Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Horse Racing Thread

Post by Mr Russell »

As 1964white asked "Do we have a horse racing thread"

We do now!

This thread can be for anything horse related whether its about -
owning horses
race day experences (both winning and losing)
I don't like horse racing its cruelty to animals

etc etc

I will start by saying that this Saturday coming is the start of the Melbourne Spring Carnival, the Cauflield Cup.
The carnival has other races such as the Cox Plate, The Derby, The Melbourne Cup, The Oaks.
For horse racing fans in Oz this is the best time for have a bet.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Horse Racing Thread

Post by 1964white »

Nice one Mr R :thumbup:

Would anyone be interested participating in a Saturday Tipping Contest plus major meetings such as Royal Ascot, Goodwood, Cheltenham, Aintree, etc ? The National Hunt season is about to start for real as the 2013 Flat season draws to a close

I would be prepared to run the competition, we would require at least 5 players I reckon to make the challenge interesting. Please post up on here if you wish to play in a regular tipping competition

Thank you
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Not my bag if I'm honest but am certain there are a few on here that will enjoy this thread. Mr +15 like a flutter and a certain poster from Northern Ireland I'm sure will participate.
Winner of the Europa League
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

I do like the odd flutter. :oops:
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

Normally only have a flutter on the Grand National which is counter-intuitive as it's probably the hardest to pick a winner but I've won a fair few times and I enjoy a day at the races although my success there is often less tangible :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

In about 1948, (I would have been 12) my Dad and Uncle took me to Aintree (not the Grand National). I put my pocket money on a horse called Culworth which won. I got ten bob which was a fortune to me. I have never been to the races since and have hardly had a bet. I must have decided to quit while I was ahead. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

In the Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, you can race horses and better still camels by rolling balls into a range of holes which drive your beast towards the finishing line. Man wife + 2 was great fun - kids grow up but parents don't. Shame.

I once went to Wetherby races. 6 or 7 events, of which I could see only a few yards of each, punctuated by lots of standing around. It should be called 'a day at the standing around, the sport of cobblers'.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mellor wrote:In the Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, you can race horses and better still camels by rolling balls into a range of holes which drive your beast towards the finishing line. Man wife + 2 was great fun - kids grow up but parents don't. Shame.

I once went to Wetherby races. 6 or 7 events, of which I could see only a few yards of each, punctuated by lots of standing around. It should be called 'a day at the standing around, the sport of cobblers'.
Were you dragged there mate :lol:
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Camel racing is superb. Knickerbockers. Big dippers. Cockles. Candy floss. Slush puppies. Proper day out. No vets required :D
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
1964white

Post by 1964white »

So have we got any TALK members up for a Horse Racing challenge over the next few months of the National Hunt season ?