The funny corner

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: The funny corner

Post by daib0 »

A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

daib0 wrote:Image
I know it's only a joke but my inner pedant gets really riled up by that. :) ;)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sniffer wrote:I know it's only a joke but my inner pedant gets really riled up by that
My outer pedant compels me to ask what riled you most : the capitalisation of the imaginary player's name - which in my opinion, spoils the flow of the joke - or the fact they've used a picture of just about the most well-known Arsenal player of the era in Liam Brady ?? :wtf: :D :wave:
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:
Sniffer wrote:I know it's only a joke but my inner pedant gets really riled up by that
My outer pedant compels me to ask what riled you most : the capitalisation of the imaginary player's name - which in my opinion, spoils the flow of the joke - or the fact they've used a picture of just about the most well-known Arsenal player of the era in Liam Brady ?? :wtf: :D :wave:
Probably Liam Brady - whose last game for Arsenal must have been about 1980 - but everything about it is surely designed to wind up a British football fan of a certain age.
Arsenal Soccer Club??? I ask you...
The coach got upset?? What, you mean the charabanc that ferried the players around? Graham and Wenger were definitely managers (is it too early to start talking of Wenger in the past tense? Or far, far, far too late).
ashingtonleeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by ashingtonleeds »

Or could it be because of the assumption that women would be so shallow as to neglect their dusting & hoovering to gawp at a few Arsenal knobs ? (sorry if inappropriate)
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

And which is the biggest crime: to not include male gawpers or to have included them? To include them would be to paint them as having only one thing on their mind and to not include them would be to, well ... not include them.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Sniffer wrote:
rigger wrote:
Probably Liam Brady - whose last game for Arsenal must have been about 1980 - but everything about it is surely designed to wind up a British football fan of a certain age.
Arsenal Soccer Club??? I ask you...
The coach got upset?? What, you mean the charabanc that ferried the players around? Graham and Wenger were definitely managers (is it too early to start talking of Wenger in the past tense? Or far, far, far too late).
Yes its Liam Brady. A very good player for both Arsenal and the Republic of Ireland during the seventies and eighties. :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

CorkWhite wrote: Yes its Liam Brady.
You thinking we didn't know who it was is funnier than the original gag :lol:

Read a few more posts back and you'll see we weren't debating his identity, but thanks for clearing it up just in case :wave: :D
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:
CorkWhite wrote: Yes its Liam Brady.
You thinking we didn't know who it was is funnier than the original gag :lol:

Read a few more posts back and you'll see we weren't debating his identity, but thanks for clearing it up just in case :wave: :D
And if it's yourself come home then welcome back, CorkWhite. :)
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

didn't mean to be controversial! :roll:
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum