NSW Burning

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: NSW Burning

Post by Mr Russell »

Cooler weather is thankfully here and for the next few days
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

Looking good now. It's not just trees being near houses even the grass is tinder dry. My front lawn feels like walking on cornflakes because we are not allowed to water our lawns because of water shortages. These fires are sending embers hundreds of metres and startinf new fires way past all the fire breaks and with hot winds gusting up to 70 kph you can't outrun them.

I hope the monster storm hitting the UK doesn't do too much damage...
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Really good to hear that things show signs of improving in NSW. Down here, in the South of England, we were supposed to get it bad, but apart from high winds (not gale force) and very heavy rain, it hasn't been too bad. Pity we can't ship some of the rain over to Oz.
I once played against Don Revie.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

johnh wrote:Really good to hear that things show signs of improving in NSW. Down here, in the South of England, we were supposed to get it bad, but apart from high winds (not gale force) and very heavy rain, it hasn't been too bad. Pity we can't ship some of the rain over to Oz.
Acutally John it appears there could be some rain (or should i say showers) on the way for most of this week, like BLF72 says the grass is like cornflakes and as brown as can be. I can't remember the last time we had some decent rain, even the winter this year there was very little rain.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.