NSW Burning

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

NSW Burning

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

Our beautiful state is on fire and most of it caused by preteens.

An 11 year old faced court today in the Newcastle Childrens Court and has the nerve to flip off the media... :thumbdown: If he doesn't go to jail I hope one of his parents get weekend detention for 20 years. :clap:

2 girls not much older have been caught doing the same thing in another area of the state.. :wtf:
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: NSW Burning

Post by johnh »

I'm sure everyone on here joins me in hoping that the horrendous situation over there improves very soon. We complain about the weather over here but we don't often have the extremes. All the best to our mates in Oz. :thumbup: Thinking about you all.
I once played against Don Revie.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

We are very lucky that there has only been one casaulty from all the fires (so far) and that was an old man who was trying to save his home. The fires were 1km away from my parents house and on the way there last week we were travelling down the main road (Newcastle link road) and you could see just a wall of flames!!!! Fire engines and Police cars everywhere, a minute later the road we were on was closed, it was frightning but sadly for our state there is more to come.

Don't get me started on the ratbags who started these fires (all bar one under 18) they should be punished with the full letter of the law, sadly our law is not strict enough. I know people might disagree with me here but 10 yrs in gaol would be a fair punishment for these people who destroy lives, animals and homes. (rant over)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

More fires burning in NSW today, 2 of them are within 10kms of where i live or work and are out of control, its going to be another long tiring night for the fire fighters.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Terrible stuff, can't believe someone would start such a thing deliberately. Beggars belief, it really does. :thumbdown:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I was talking to a mate at work about this today and I said, for the life in me I will never understand why people in Australia build houses that are surrounded by trees. The reason I say this, is precisely because of the risk of fire, due to the hot arid conditions. Most housing estates I saw in Perth in Western Australia, were like new estates in the UK, only the houses were up to 3 times bigger, but with little foliage about, which means there was no risk to their property from fire. It is awful for them, but it all could be avoided.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by The Johnson »

Word is that the Australian military caused some of these fires through training exercise in the Blue Mountains. Any truth to that?
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

The Johnson wrote:Word is that the Australian military caused some of these fires through training exercise in the Blue Mountains. Any truth to that?
I read something about this, the thing is, it is so hot for so long, it becomes a tinderbox, so I don't understand why you would surround your home with dried out trees?
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Aces wrote:
The Johnson wrote:Word is that the Australian military caused some of these fires through training exercise in the Blue Mountains. Any truth to that?
I read something about this, the thing is, it is so hot for so long, it becomes a tinderbox, so I don't understand why you would surround your home with dried out trees?
Its true that one of the fires was started by the department of defense testing some devices (exploses), yeah i know it beggars belief!!!! I know its not even summer yet but why the hell are they testing these kinds of stuff when there is a total fire ban? :problem: .

I've always made sure that when i'm looking for a house that there are no trees around and trust me in this country there are plenty of them. I dont think most people aim to have dried out trees next to their houses but councils/greenies always kick up a stink if you want to get rid of them. In one house i lived in we had a big tree in the front yard and we had strong winds one night and crash!!! down came the biggest branch on the tree, it still took us ages to finally get permission to get rid of the tree.

Most of the fires that are happening are started by a human element, i just heard that two 8yr old were caught playing with a lighter and trying to set some leaves on fire but luckily a passer by stopped them and even luckier was the fact the lighter did not work.

Today its going to be a bit cooler and the 2 fires i mentioned have been downgraded which is a godsend. There have been no casualties in my area.
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

Thanks John :thumbup:

Two 8 year olds were caught trying to start a fine in the Maitland area. I bet their bogan parents are really proud... :wtf:

A Firefighter died when the light plane he was flying crashed in dense bush. They can't get to his body because of the high winds. :thumbdown:

I hope things improve in the next day or so.
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee