Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
6
50%
OUT
6
50%
 
Total votes : 12

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Postby Davycc » 24 Sep 2017, 13:01

Playing devils avocado here but where do you draw the line at giving the people the final vote, what is or isn't deemed to be important enough to do that? I'd never be out of my local Primary school as there's so many things I'd want a personal vote on !

Unfortunately we vote these people in and we have to take the consequences.

PS WK just realised I'm commenting on another of your posts, really not a personal thing mate and I know you take things the right way :D :thumbup:
Check out the Members map - Link in the "New Members" section
User avatar
Davycc
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 7705
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:09
Location: Wet West Britain

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Postby White Knight » 24 Sep 2017, 13:10

Davycc wrote:Playing devils avocado here but where do you draw the line at giving the people the final vote, what is or isn't deemed to be important enough to do that? I'd never be out of my local Primary school as there's so many things I'd want a personal vote on !

Unfortunately we vote these people in and we have to take the consequences.

PS WK just realised I'm commenting on another of your posts, really not a personal thing mate and I know you take things the right way :D :thumbup:


:D Don't worry Davy, I enjoy the banter. As I said earlier, it's what the forum is about!
By the way, I'm working in your neck of the woods on Tuesday. Just glad I'll have a customs/ passport free drive over the border. Long may that last :thumbup:
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 22:37

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Postby Davycc » 24 Sep 2017, 13:31

White Knight wrote:
Davycc wrote:Playing devils avocado here but where do you draw the line at giving the people the final vote, what is or isn't deemed to be important enough to do that? I'd never be out of my local Primary school as there's so many things I'd want a personal vote on !

Unfortunately we vote these people in and we have to take the consequences.

PS WK just realised I'm commenting on another of your posts, really not a personal thing mate and I know you take things the right way :D :thumbup:


:D Don't worry Davy, I enjoy the banter. As I said earlier, it's what the forum is about!
By the way, I'm working in your neck of the woods on Tuesday. Just glad I'll have a customs/ passport free drive over the border. Long may that last :thumbup:


Too true :thumbup:
Check out the Members map - Link in the "New Members" section
User avatar
Davycc
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 7705
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:09
Location: Wet West Britain

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Postby johnh » 24 Sep 2017, 13:33

White Knight wrote:
Davycc wrote:Playing devils avocado here but where do you draw the line at giving the people the final vote, what is or isn't deemed to be important enough to do that? I'd never be out of my local Primary school as there's so many things I'd want a personal vote on !

Unfortunately we vote these people in and we have to take the consequences.

PS WK just realised I'm commenting on another of your posts, really not a personal thing mate and I know you take things the right way :D :thumbup:


:D Don't worry Davy, I enjoy the banter. As I said earlier, it's what the forum is about!
By the way, I'm working in your neck of the woods on Tuesday. Just glad I'll have a customs/ passport free drive over the border. Long may that last :thumbup:


No matter what problems accrue from the politicians, the people will sort it out locally, they always do.
The Prime Minister has been in our house.
User avatar
johnh
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché
 
Posts: 5596
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 15:26

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 02 Nov 2017, 13:45

Government loses vote on publishing Brexit impact assessment papers. I've got a feeling this is going to be Project fear x 10.

Nick Clegg, Ken Clarke and Lord Adonis visit Barnier to discuss Christmas. Instead of delivering the usual three gifts, gold, frankincense and myrrh. They just handed Barnier three copies of Nick Clegg'ss latest book.
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump.
User avatar
Viduka Hits The Mark
Raich Carter's Contract Agent
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 07:42

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 29 Nov 2017, 17:02

The figure doing the rounds at the minute is anywhere between £40-60 euro's before we can move onto trade talks. :crazy:

I'm no business expert, but that's a lot of money we could be spending preparing for a no deal.
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump.
User avatar
Viduka Hits The Mark
Raich Carter's Contract Agent
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 07:42

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Postby rigger » 29 Nov 2017, 17:17

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:The figure doing the rounds at the minute is anywhere between £40-60 euro's before we can move onto trade talks. :crazy:

I'm no business expert, but that's a lot of money we could be spending preparing for a no deal.



Fifty quid ??

I take it you mean BILLION ??
If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
User avatar
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 11351
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 17:35

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Postby johnh » 29 Nov 2017, 17:50

We should walk away and pay sod all. I would love to see Barnier's face if he had to report back to the EU that he hadn't got any money. That is the EU's main requirement. If we walked away, that would trigger (unplanned) phase 2 of Brexit negotiations where the workers of the EU, and particularly the French Trade Unions, get involved. The EU elite in Brussels will then find out, probably for the first time in their lives, what it is to be 'accountable'.
The Prime Minister has been in our house.
User avatar
johnh
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché
 
Posts: 5596
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 15:26

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Postby Barlow Boy » 29 Nov 2017, 17:56

rigger wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:The figure doing the rounds at the minute is anywhere between £40-60 euro's before we can move onto trade talks. :crazy:

I'm no business expert, but that's a lot of money we could be spending preparing for a no deal.



Fifty quid ??


That sounds about right to me :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché
 
Posts: 5754
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 19:28
Location: Barlow, obviously.

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 29 Nov 2017, 18:01

rigger wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:The figure doing the rounds at the minute is anywhere between £40-60 euro's before we can move onto trade talks. :crazy:

I'm no business expert, but that's a lot of money we could be spending preparing for a no deal.


Fifty quid ??

I take it you mean BILLION ??


No, I meant fifty quid. Don't tell me they mean Billions? :D

I agree with John. We should just walk away. Its turning into a farce where we seem to be willing to give the EU anything in return for something yet to be specified? :crazy:

The £50bn ;) would go along way to compensating business why they adapt to trading on WTO rules for a few years.
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump.
User avatar
Viduka Hits The Mark
Raich Carter's Contract Agent
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 07:42

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests