Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
50%
OUT
50%

Total votes: 12

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Post by Davycc »

Lets just forget the UK tag and go for "The British and Irish Isles Community" that would raise a few eyebrows and sort the hard border out. :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

rigger wrote:I never thought of us groveling to anyone.
We're a large, affluent and influential nation in Europe, third only to France and Germany IMHO.

I just don't see the EU in that way at all, certainly not our position within it.
I always felt part of something bigger, something better, that made me proud to be able to stand apart from the US, who always felt like a patronising bigger brother to me when I was growing up in the late 60s, early 70s.

... but then I don't read the Daily M**l or The S** either.
I'd agree with all that, Rigger. Russia is a lot stronger now too and Putin sees himself as an emperor building his empire. A split Europe plays into his hands. Brexit is just one big cluster f#&; of a campaign policy, pandering to the nationalistically inclined, for the tories to win back votes from UKIP.
Going ahead with Brexit with no workable plan because 51% of voter turn out voted for it, despite them not knowing the implications of what they are voting for is not democracy either. It's stupidity in the name of democracy.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

birkybullufc, those who voted Remain have no more idea what they were voting for than Leave. The EU never produce a manifesto. No one knows what is being decided by the EU elite behind closed doors in Brussels. At the time of the referendum, the EU were denying (lying) that there would be an EU army. It is now out in the open and happening. (Did you get a vote on it?) The next move (if the EU survives) will be an EU police force, which, inevitably, will include a paramilitary wing. This, in accordance with EU tactics, will be denied for several years while being organised behind closed doors. Currently, the EU is a rules based dictatorship. Once it has an army and a police force, it will be a 'proper' dictatorship. Fortunately, it won't survive long enough to get there.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Confirmation that Hell exists?

https://news.sky.com/story/eus-tusk-spa ... s-11629719
Well, if there is a second referendum, that will put several million votes on for leave. Typical arrogant EU bureaucrat.
bgd
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by bgd »

johnh wrote: Well, if there is a second referendum, that will put several million votes on for leave. Typical arrogant EU bureaucrat.
If that's how people cast their vote, and this is seen as arrogant in comparison to the type of discourse this country has seen from across the political spectrum over the last 3 years, then this country deserves its fate.
Deleted User 3289

Maybe Tusk is Satan? Its a odd thing to say about democracy?

Don't worry about that second vote: Oh Jeremy Corbyn.

Finally i know where he really stands! :wave: ;)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

bgd wrote:
johnh wrote: Well, if there is a second referendum, that will put several million votes on for leave. Typical arrogant EU bureaucrat.
If that's how people cast their vote, and this is seen as arrogant in comparison to the type of discourse this country has seen from across the political spectrum over the last 3 years, then this country deserves its fate.
Give me an example of when any senior politician in the UK has criticised a senior politician in the EU in terms that they should be sent to hell? My comment of 'typical arrogant EU bureaucrat' stands. 2019 will be the EU's 'annus horribilus', and not before time.
bgd
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by bgd »

And that, sir, is where it goes into some deeply-rooted convictions, not facts, and debate becomes rather meaningless.
Deleted User 3289

Happy Indepen....What! What do you mean we haven't left? It was nearly 3 years ago..... :wtf:

So Labour Whipped their Mp's to vote for a second referendum in the indicative vote process on Wednesday. They have laid there cards on the table now. The 6 tests were to frustrate the process from the start, they are now talking about a permanent Customs Union and Single Market relationship, which is not leaving at all. And the final nail in Labour's coffin for me is, they are now expecting Leave voters to vote on a final humiliation confirmatory vote, which we probably end up being a choice between the above Customs Union and Single Market deal and remain. Two fingers to that.

If the Conservatives had any backbone they should wave Theresa May goodbye, install an new leader, and then call a General Election and see how many of the 270 (out of 381) leave constituency's have really changed their mind.