Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
50%
OUT
50%

Total votes: 12

Deleted User 728

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I don't care who's behind us staying in the EU so long as we do.

For all of you who voted to leave, do you still believe you would have won had the truth about the £350m NHS bus been revealed before the poll ?

It was 2% wasn't it ??

If there was a vote again tomorrow you know we'd still be in ..

Blair's a lying asshat like all the rest of 'em but if he's got enough clout to pull us back from the brink then fair play to the guy. It'll be a bigger achievement than anything he did as PM.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Faustian pacts seldom turn out well. :D

If you remove the 350m NHS Bus and also the 'Project Fear' run by Remain, the leave margin would have been greater than it was. As I have posted on here previously, the EU Project will start to unravel over the next 10 years. It will start with the collapse of the euro which should never have been implemented without the checks and balances needed for a currency. There are already rumours that Greece are working towards reintroducing the drachma tied to the US dollar. If Greece go, Italy will not be far behind.
I probably won't be here to see it but in 10 years time, Brexit will be seen as a masterstroke in much the same way as not joining the euro was.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

johnh wrote: I probably won't be here to see it but in 10 years time, Brexit will be seen as a masterstroke in much the same way as not joining the euro was.
My aunty in Donny just passed away at 102, John. I reckon you could make that having met you, so long as you keep avoiding the garlic of course :ugeek:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

:D Rigger, there is a danger the vampires will get me.
Deleted User 728

johnh wrote::D Rigger, there is a danger the vampires will get me.
Jesus is your friend ;)

Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Sniffer wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Just as people are starting to settle down over Brexit and come to terms with the result, and willing the government to get on with it. Up pops a certain Mr Millionaire Blair, to once again declare war on the people, "sound familiar" and cause more division in the country by once again claiming the people didn't understand what they voted for.

If anyone watched that documentary the other night about the union in Europe they may well be changing their mind from Remain to Leave. You have the financial woes in Italy, you have Hungary making up there own rules as they go along. You have all the instability bought on by constant elections in Europe "will they, won't they scenarios" and this buffoon wants us to remain for what I can only perceive is purely financial reasons. If it was down to Blair we would be dealing in Euro's today!

When will certain people wake up and start to smell the coffee and realise it was a rejection of Globalisation that got us to this point in the first place.
Oh, it was "a rejection of Globalisation" was it? I could never really understand what the Leave vote was for.
By the way, these " " are quotation marks. They are used when quoting somebody verbatim or denoting speech. I'm not sure what you use them for.
That will be why you voted remain then Sniff?
Yes, exactly. All I heard were lies and half-truths and meaningless guff about taking back control. It wasn't a vote FOR something but a vote AGAINST something without telling what life would be like after leaving. Whilst I don't believe in a pan-European super-state (which is the natural end goal of the EU), neither do I believe that life will improve by walking away from an incredibly powerful trading bloc.
Frying pans and fires spring to mind.
With all due respect mate. The remain side was clearly telling anyone who didn't have cloth ears, exactly what was going to happen after we left. Financial Armageddon! Just listen to the Clip I put up a couple of pages back from GO sidekick, the one you said was hopelessly out of date, that should jog your memory about exactly what was to be expected if we voted leave. Has any off it happened? punishment budget my arse. All utter b*llocks to scare the gullible into voting remain.

Who said anything about walking away from European trade? I think you have been reading too much fake news. All I have heard TM say is a the best possible deal to suit all sides. None of this bargain basement economy sh*te that labour keeps spouting on about. If elections go the way some predict this year across Europe.... Europe is finished within 5 years imo. It doesn't mean that we will pull up the drawbridge to Europe, we will still be in Nato, meaning we will still be a major player in respects to security. Indecently I think we are only one of two countries in Europe that actually meet the 2% gdp required for Nato.

Am I missing something regards the referendum result? Didn't politicians vote "I believe it was by a majority of 6-1 in the HOC" to put the decision about leaving Europe to the people? Now correct me if i'm wrong, but surely someone in the hoc would have discussed what happens if the people decided to vote leave? it should of been at that point that people like Timmy Farron stood up and said. IF WE ARE NOT GOING TO RESPECT THE OUTCOME OF THE REFERENDUM, WE BETTER NOT ASK THE QUESTION. Oh no, they were too smug to believe they could ever lose, hence why no contingency plan was devised. There will be no going back!!!

As for Millionaire Blair all he is interested in doing is trying to repair the damage he caused by sending innocent people to fight in a fake war. Most decent people I know, wasn't happy with friends or family dying in a unjust war but he convinced them about WOM. The people will see all the way through his propaganda attempts until they arrive at the bloodstains that remain on his hands.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Class cartoon in the Sunday Times today.

Blair is stood trying to hold back the sea. A big wave, with Brexit written on, is about to break over him.

The caption: Stupid Canute.

:D
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

All the talk by May on how well the UK economy is doing, claiming it as some form of vindication for Brexit is Trumpesque in it's madness. Anything happening in the economy now, aside from currency movements, is attributable to being in the EU. On the currency movements, there is a problem coming down the tracks in that oil is bought in dollars and the vast majority of the raw materials for manufacturing are bought in foreign currency. Therefore inflation will begin to creep up further. This will impact on the lower income groups, pensions and savings. People may not realise that this is going to be one of the earliest consequences of Brexit, aside from having to give huge financial incentives just to maintain manufacturing jobs. The precedent is set on this one now and Vauxhall is just next on what will be a long list.

In the meantime May, et al, simply couldn't give a damn for the consequences in Ireland/Northern Ireland.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

You miss the point WK. The talk about how well the UK economy is doing isn't a justification for Brexit, it is a damning indictment of the project fear campaign run by Remain which said that the economy would go pear shaped. You are right about the cost of oil but increases are from a very low base and in any event, are controlled more by levels of production decided by OPEC than currency fluctuations which tend to be short-term. The Vauxhall situation has nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit, it has been under discussion for a long time. I am sure that Northern Ireland's interests will be well protected during Brexit negotiations. There is a limit to what we can do for the Republic as they are still in the EU but I am sure that whatever is required will be sorted locally as long as the Brussels bureaucracy keeps their nose out.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Sniffer wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Just as people are starting to settle down over Brexit and come to terms with the result, and willing the government to get on with it. Up pops a certain Mr Millionaire Blair, to once again declare war on the people, "sound familiar" and cause more division in the country by once again claiming the people didn't understand what they voted for.

If anyone watched that documentary the other night about the union in Europe they may well be changing their mind from Remain to Leave. You have the financial woes in Italy, you have Hungary making up there own rules as they go along. You have all the instability bought on by constant elections in Europe "will they, won't they scenarios" and this buffoon wants us to remain for what I can only perceive is purely financial reasons. If it was down to Blair we would be dealing in Euro's today!

When will certain people wake up and start to smell the coffee and realise it was a rejection of Globalisation that got us to this point in the first place.
Oh, it was "a rejection of Globalisation" was it? I could never really understand what the Leave vote was for.
By the way, these " " are quotation marks. They are used when quoting somebody verbatim or denoting speech. I'm not sure what you use them for.
That will be why you voted remain then Sniff?
Yes, exactly. All I heard were lies and half-truths and meaningless guff about taking back control. It wasn't a vote FOR something but a vote AGAINST something without telling what life would be like after leaving. Whilst I don't believe in a pan-European super-state (which is the natural end goal of the EU), neither do I believe that life will improve by walking away from an incredibly powerful trading bloc.
Frying pans and fires spring to mind.
With all due respect mate. The remain side was clearly telling anyone who didn't have cloth ears, exactly what was going to happen after we left. Financial Armageddon! Just listen to the Clip I put up a couple of pages back from GO sidekick, the one you said was hopelessly out of date, that should jog your memory about exactly what was to be expected if we voted leave. Has any off it happened? punishment budget my arse. All utter b*llocks to scare the gullible into voting remain.

Who said anything about walking away from European trade? I think you have been reading too much fake news. All I have heard TM say is a the best possible deal to suit all sides. None of this bargain basement economy sh*te that labour keeps spouting on about. If elections go the way some predict this year across Europe.... Europe is finished within 5 years imo. It doesn't mean that we will pull up the drawbridge to Europe, we will still be in Nato, meaning we will still be a major player in respects to security. Indecently I think we are only one of two countries in Europe that actually meet the 2% gdp required for Nato.

Am I missing something regards the referendum result? Didn't politicians vote "I believe it was by a majority of 6-1 in the HOC" to put the decision about leaving Europe to the people? Now correct me if i'm wrong, but surely someone in the hoc would have discussed what happens if the people decided to vote leave? it should of been at that point that people like Timmy Farron stood up and said. IF WE ARE NOT GOING TO RESPECT THE OUTCOME OF THE REFERENDUM, WE BETTER NOT ASK THE QUESTION. Oh no, they were too smug to believe they could ever lose, hence why no contingency plan was devised. There will be no going back!!!

As for Millionaire Blair all he is interested in doing is trying to repair the damage he caused by sending innocent people to fight in a fake war. Most decent people I know, wasn't happy with friends or family dying in a unjust war but he convinced them about WOM. The people will see all the way through his propaganda attempts until they arrive at the bloodstains that remain on his hands.
FFS 30 minutes of typing up a post suddenly wasted when it was all deleted. I blame myself (as I don't know what I'm doing at the best of time).
Anyway, VHTM, sorry that I didn't reply earlier but I've got a life away from lufct (sometimes).

My reply to the video was a bit glib, to be honest. Ed Vaizey, like many remainers, is a Tory so I have/had real problems in supporting/believing him. As I've said I'm ambivalent toward a European state but I do agree with greater European Co-operation. I don't see how TW's "best possible deal to suit all sides" can be better than any deals we can get now. Europe as a Union may well be finished in 5 years but surely a gentle letdown then when everyone else is going down is better than a potential crash now. Note I said "Potential" as I have no more idea than anyone else

As for the referendum, that was Cameron's baby. He put it in the Conservative's Manifesto before the Election in order to draw the fangs of UKIP. He failed. He will surely go down as the weakest Prime Minister the country has ever known.
See here
https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/ ... ruary-2016

As for your 6-1 House of Commons vote goes, I think you are referring to this:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/201 ... 43988/note
It was a vote on the date on which the referendum was to be held.