Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
50%
OUT
50%

Total votes: 12

Deleted User 3289

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

johnh wrote:Sniffer, I thought you were going to say 'I'm a pacifist so I wouldn't have a smile on my face'. :D
:D

All this talk of me getting shot as made me feel more alive. :D
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

Macron on the 'Brexit' ...

A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Deleted User 3289

Responsible for this crime, sailed the ship into battle. Interesting words from a man without a political party, just a movement. I think it shows Macrons inexperience. If I was him I would be more concerned about the issues in France. 11 million people voted for Le Pen and i think a large percentage were young voters. People want change (whatever that maybe) is he the man to bring it? Vive la France!
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Responsible for this crime, sailed the ship into battle. Interesting words from a man without a political party, just a movement. I think it shows Macrons inexperience. If I was him I would be more concerned about the issues in France. 11 million people voted for Le Pen and i think a large percentage were young voters. People want change (whatever that maybe) is he the man to bring it? Vive la France!
http://newsthump.com/2017/05/08/35-for- ... t-over-it/
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Responsible for this crime, sailed the ship into battle. Interesting words from a man without a political party, just a movement. I think it shows Macrons inexperience. If I was him I would be more concerned about the issues in France. 11 million people voted for Le Pen and i think a large percentage were young voters. People want change (whatever that maybe) is he the man to bring it? Vive la France!
Yes, he's a rookie politician with very little or no experience. He knows that what he says will go down well in the EU in the short-term but he needs to consider the long-term. One of the main planks of his policy is reorganisation of the EU. Unfortunately, this includes restructuring the euro so it is a genuine banking union with fiscal union and shared debt. The euro, currently, operates in favour of Germany. (Its like them winning the lottery every week.) so they are happy with the way things are. Germany are particularly against shared debt, it is anathema for them. Macron's problems with Merkel on this issue will make Brexit pale into insignificance.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

He will be very popular in Greece, Italy, Portugal ect ect then John.
Deleted User 3289

I didn't see the speech, and have only picked up bits on the news, so forgive me if I missed something important, but why would you put all your negotiating eggs into one basket?. I mean,we have agreed to a transition period of 2 years (including all current commitments) and we don't even know what sort of deal we will get from the EU?

So if they decide to shaft us, which seems to be what the EU intend on doing, then we have effectively given them a free hit on doing so. I have to say the government are making a mess of it tbh It's complete contrast to the Lancaster house speech. I'm all for a smooth transition period, when we have a idea what we are transitioning into. Are we going to be able to make new trade deals within that transitional period.

I appreciate the goodwill side of things but it just seems a little too needy to me.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

"I'm all for a smooth transition period, when we have a idea what we are transitioning into."
At last. That was the problem with the original vote. 52% of people didn't vote for something but, rather, voted against something. They had no idea what was going to happen after the vote other than this hazy idea of "taking back control". Well we've not got a hell of a lot of control at the minute have we. :problem:
Deleted User 3289

I'm sure afew people did protest vote to oust Cameron and especially his crony Osbourne after his infamous punishment budget. We already know what is changing. The speech TR made was something I would have expected at the end of the negotiations rather than before we have started. I suppose you could say we are showing humility, it will be interesting to see if it is reciprocated.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Why, in a democracy, would anyone be afraid of putting the final deal to the people to vote on. Then people could accept the ultimate responsibility for where the UK goes based on what's on the table. It would also keep the government on it's toes in the negotiations. Currently they have carte blanche to take a nation in any direction the current cabinet sees fit . Scary stuff for any thinking population.