Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
50%
OUT
50%

Total votes: 12

Deleted User 3289

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Frankie wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Maybe Tusk is Satan? Its a odd thing to say about democracy?

Don't worry about that second vote: Oh Jeremy Corbyn.

Finally i know where he really stands! :wave: ;)
Surely this is all 100% down to the ineptitudes of May and the tories?
Yes.. I agree about the ineptitude of May. I've been banging on about her for a while. I was making the point that i did'n' t think Corbyn would ever call for a second Referendum because of what he is on record saying about the EU. How wrong was i.
Deleted User 3289

johnh wrote:
Nic wrote:We elect representatives not delegates, so they represent their constituents but not taking orders directly from constituents.
They take their orders from Party manifesto's, which is what the electorate vote for. The manifesto's of both main parties indicated that they would implement Brexit. If Brexit doesn't happen then politics in this country will change forever, and not for the best.
That's why for a General election should be called. People voted for Labour (me included) because i thought the referendum was settled and Labour had promised to Implement the decision. When i heard the Labour had whipped for another vote, following on from their Brino 6 tests, i knew i had made a poor decision. To say i felt deceived is a understatement.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’ve been following all the Brexit stuff (I’ve even been watching the Parliament channel :oops:),but I dint get what a general election would achieve ?.

Help me please VHTM :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

The is one comment that summed up the whole process and May's ineptitude for me. Grant Shapps was speaking on a political show the other day, he is a remainer. He said i went to speak to Theresa May the other day and asked her why she agreed to the problematic backstop. Her reply was simple. The EU insisted on it. The comment left me feeling deflated.

My opinion is that Ollie Robins (Remainer) who has been negotiating the deal in Brussels, as colluded with the EU and given them all the cards. And Theresa May possibly not being up on the detail at the time, when the withdrawal agreement was being drafted, is now paying the price for that trust. The minute you take no deal off the negotiating table you fold your cards. I'm not a ideologue, but i voted for a clean break, i really can't see the point of being half-in half-out.
Deleted User 3289

Barlow Boy wrote:I’ve been following all the Brexit stuff (I’ve even been watching the Parliament channel :oops:),but I dint get what a general election would achieve ?.

:shock: What me, have you not seen my spelling. :angel:

Its a gamble no doubt bb and may achieve nothing. My thinking is that 270 (out of 381) constituencies voted Leave. Now like me, its possible people voted Labour because of their Manifesto (aswell as the tory one) promised to implement the result of the referendum and i was fed up with the so called austerity program. We now know Labour has frustrated the process at every stage and the final nail for me was the whipping for the second Ref vote. So i would vote for the Conservative this time and i'm sure there would be more like me.

It would be fascinating to see what both parties manifesto's would be. Imo May has to go though, and a Brexit supporting Pm is a must. One who could galvanism the country with a good case for a managed no deal. Dominic Raab or a Steve Baker would be my choice. Unfortunately it would probably be Gove pushing the same deal. :crazy:

Sound like another Unicorn..... :shifty:
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Reading your posts Vid has made more sense than anything I`ve heard from the politicians, cheers. :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Reading your posts Vid has made more sense than anything I`ve heard from the politicians, cheers. :thumbup:
Agreed, thanks Vid mate :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

That lot in Westminster as about inept as the crowd we have up on the hill (Stormont) here. Every single one of them need sacked and banned from sitting for election. New young blood couldn't make a worse job of it and that means Westminster and Stormont.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I’ve been following all the Brexit stuff (I’ve even been watching the Parliament channel :oops:),but I dint get what a general election would achieve ?.

:shock: What me, have you not seen my spelling. :angel:

Its a gamble no doubt bb and may achieve nothing. My thinking is that 270 (out of 381) constituencies voted Leave. Now like me, its possible people voted Labour because of their Manifesto (aswell as the tory one) promised to implement the result of the referendum and i was fed up with the so called austerity program. We now know Labour has frustrated the process at every stage and the final nail for me was the whipping for the second Ref vote. So i would vote for the Conservative this time and i'm sure there would be more like me.

It would be fascinating to see what both parties manifesto's would be. Imo May has to go though, and a Brexit supporting Pm is a must. One who could galvanism the country with a good case for a managed no deal. Dominic Raab or a Steve Baker would be my choice. Unfortunately it would probably be Gove pushing the same deal. :crazy:

Sound like another Unicorn..... :shifty:
Polls say that a G.E. would still produce a hung parliament, so no matter which of the two main parties held the largest number of seats we could be in the same position. Would the manifestos change much from last time? The Tories would still say they are honouring the referendum, as would labour, neither would take blame for delaying brexit blaming the other side. The tories would blame labour for playing party politics and labour would blame tory infighting and May's unwillingness to talk.
Deleted User 3289

Polls say that a G.E. would still produce a hung parliament
The 2017 polls had Labour 20 points behind. ;)

Personally i think there would be a swing back to the Tories now Labour have come out in support of a second referendum, providing their was a new Conservative leader. Tom Watson was on Marr this morning confirming it would be in Labour's Manifesto if a GE was called. One thing i do know from conducting my own mini poll at work :D is that people (admittedly most are over a certain age) say time and time again they would not countenance a Corbyn led government. I have to say i now find myself agreeing with them.