Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
50%
OUT
50%

Total votes: 12

Deleted User 3289

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

johnh wrote:Class cartoon in the Sunday Times today.

Blair is stood trying to hold back the sea. A big wave, with Brexit written on, is about to break over him.

The caption: Stupid Canute.

:D
Once I got there John it was brilliant. :lol:
Deleted User 3289

This is a massive year for Europe with all the elections going on. Once we have triggered article 50 and by the end 2017, we could be dealing with a very different looking Europe. My feelings are that if Europe does implode in the future, some of the member states that do good trade with the UK would not want to cut of their noses, Imo a game of tit for tat regarding tariffs would be damaging to both sides.

Remember this wasn't a vote against other European countries, this was a vote against the bureaucracy in Brussels and our governments perceived lack of power & willingness to do anything about it.

My point regards the vote was that if they had discussed the possibility of a leave vote in the HOC and weren't happy about the terms that we would be leaving on. Why didn't they block it then? it seems a bit rich to me to support the vote for a referendum by such a large majority, and then for some politicians to say the public didn't have a clue what they were voting for. All the debates I watched prior to the Referendum were all saying the same things regards the Single Market and the Customs Union?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/ ... referendum
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Now that Blair and Mandelson have come out supporting Remain the rest of Remain supporters must be dismayed. In the unlikely event of a second referendum, masses of people would vote leave just to vote against Blair. Leave would win again but with a far bigger majority.
I once played against Don Revie.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Agree there john, do you think May gave him a backhander to give that speech. :)
Deleted User 3289

And were off. All this talk of divorce proceedings and the tone coming from Brussels, leaves me with a feeling that Europe possible valued our money contributions more than our personal relationship.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

That flaming ticker thing counting the days down was seriously doing my head in yesterday :twisted:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

A friend of mine, who moved to Bulgaria late last year, took Irish nationality by getting their passport. He was born in 'boro (and is a Leeds fan) but his parents were both Irish. He - like me - is a staunch pro-European and just got fed up, saw the writing on the wall and once the vote was lost decided to hop it and change his nationality into the bargain.

My grandparents were French on my mum's side. Her maiden name was Peppiet which her father Anglicised to Peppitt when they moved over here. I don't know much more than that because he was the only one alive when I was born and died in 1970 and my mum's been gone for nearly twenty years too, but I'm guessing I could get a French passport.

It's something I've given serious thought to lately ..
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

rigger wrote:My grandparents were French on my mum's side. Her maiden name was Peppiet which her father Anglicised to Peppitt when they moved over here. I don't know much more than that because he was the only one alive when I was born and died in 1970 and my mum's been gone for nearly twenty years too, but I'm guessing I could get a French passport.

It's something I've given serious thought to lately ..

just seen this ...

"And that is why I have decided to accept an invitation to become Angela Merkel's cat" #Article50

A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

I'm pro-Europe. However -

It is believed in some quarters that Jean-Claude Junker is a drunk, but perhaps we should have him down as borderline bonkers as well. Quite possibly this is the proof !

https://t.co/cFbtH8i4Wu

In an extraordinary speech the EU Commission president said he would push for Ohio and Texas to split from the rest of America if the Republican president does not change his tune and become more supportive of the EU.
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum