Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
50%
OUT
50%

Total votes: 12

Deleted User 3289

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

rigger wrote:A friend of mine, who moved to Bulgaria late last year, took Irish nationality by getting their passport. He was born in 'boro (and is a Leeds fan) but his parents were both Irish. He - like me - is a staunch pro-European and just got fed up, saw the writing on the wall and once the vote was lost decided to hop it and change his nationality into the bargain.

My grandparents were French on my mum's side. Her maiden name was Peppiet which her father Anglicised to Peppitt when they moved over here. I don't know much more than that because he was the only one alive when I was born and died in 1970 and my mum's been gone for nearly twenty years too, but I'm guessing I could get a French passport.

It's something I've given serious thought to lately ..
Don't worry Rigger.. As they are one of our closest allies France. You will still be welcome on these shores with your beret, clove of garlic necklace & Baguette under your arm. :D
Deleted User 3289

Barlow Boy wrote:That flaming ticker thing counting the days down was seriously doing my head in yesterday :twisted:
haha... The Mrs came home after work and the first thing she said was, you have got to be kidding me when she looked at the ticking clock on sky news.. I'm sure some people will have misinterpreted it as a ticking bomb.... ;)
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

Premier League Brexit vote: How each club's local population voted in the EU referendum

An incredible disparity here:

GREEN - voted to stay IN
RED - voted to LEAVE

A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Gibraltar - that was out of left side.

You'd have to wonder if TM didn't see that coming, what else has she not planned for?
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Apparently, the EU are complaining about a perceived threat in the PM's letter invoking Article 50 regarding the issue of 'security'. This is the EU who has issued almost a threat a week since Brexit. The latest being the Gibraltar issue. Like all the other threats it will end up as 'hot air'.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

The last and only time I was on the rock of Gibraltar a monkey jumped on my back, although it spoke Spanish it was quite friendly and jumped back off again when I offered it a bent Banana... i'm sure we will be ok. What about the poor people of Gibralter they voted overwhelmingly to stay under British rule. Them pesky Eurocrats don't care about anybody other than themselves.

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountain green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?
And did the countenance divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among those dark satanic mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!
I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote: What about the poor people of Gibralter they voted overwhelmingly to stay under British rule. Them pesky Eurocrats don't care about anybody other than themselves.

And was Jerusalem builded here
Among those dark satanic mills?
The people of Gilbraltar also voted to remain in the EU and TM should have seen this potential issue being thrown up on the table. The "pesky Eurocrats" are just taking up negotiating positions. Now TM will have to give something, even if it's small, to get Gibraltar off the agenda. Basic negotiations.

As for Blake's question, sadly no, the new Jeruselem was never built in England, "those dark satanic mills" won the day.
That question went on to bother the Americans for much longer, and they still go on about creating the "shining city on the hill". It's all a bit deranged and dangerous to talk about being, or creating, a place favoured by God or representing God on earth. It leads to no good.
Deleted User 3289

What Yorkshire really isn't Gods own County? White Knight how could you. :)

I will have to think about moving to a Catholic State then. They seem like safe places, especially for children!
Deleted User 3289

Don't shoot me, i'm just the messenger.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... PSGiYWcGM8
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Don't shoot me, i'm just the messenger.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... PSGiYWcGM8
I don't see why we shouldn't shoot you. It was your choice to post the propaganda. By the way, did you get permission?
"For permission to republish spiked articles, please contact Viv Regan."