Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
50%
OUT
50%

Total votes: 12

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Brexit - Yes or No?

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Why don't we hold an IN or OUT poll on here? Do we have the facility to do this? I think we have done it before on other issues.

Why not indeed John, I will see to it :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Brexit - Yes or No?

Post by johnh »

Thanks SW. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Post by White Knight »

As I, like many members of the forum, won't have a vote I'm not going to vote in this poll - which is a really good idea John, well done. You'll hane to keep us updated on the numbers. All I'm hearing lately is that Scotland will leave the UK union if Britain decides to leave the European Union. The plot thickens!
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

He'll be in staying in camp then? :roll:
White Knight

Post by White Knight »

Any opinion on Obama's contribution to the debate? He certainly didn't pull his punches - or sit on the fence!
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

When you look at the muck IDS, Gove, Boris have inflicted on us you wonder why the POTUS needed to say anything tbh. Gove broke education. IDS broke the poorest in our society. Boris just acted like a Bafoon and some people bought into his bafoonery as 'strategy' approach. Thankfully POTUS said what needed to be said and why wouldn't he? Special relationship.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

White Knight wrote:Any opinion on Obama's contribution to the debate? He certainly didn't pull his punches - or sit on the fence!
As he heads towards the end of his presidency Obama can say, more or less, what he likes without any personal consequence. Eg it doesn't affect the Democrats standing in the run up to the US election.

I have been slaughtered on facebook for admiring him by some of my American friends. He's an articulate, intelligent leader who has represented the US internationally extremely well. I'd go as far as to suggest that Clinton - wow, major skeletons in the closet - and Trump - dickhead period - are providing the US electorate a major headache.

I'm totally against Britexit so I'm bound to support Obama's words. But much more impressive was his speech questioning human rights in Saudi Arabia when he was there. He's probably the only politician in the world who could have done that.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
White Knight

Post by White Knight »

mapperleywhite wrote: I'm totally against Britexit so I'm bound to support Obama's words. But much more impressive was his speech questioning human rights in Saudi Arabia when he was there. He's probably the only politician in the world who could have done that.
Probably going off topic a bit on this one, but Obama is walking a fine line with Saudi Arabia. He's actively trying to prevent the release of 28 pages from the official 9/11 Commission Report which refer to Saudi Arabia's potential connection to the attack, which have been redacted for national security purposes. Congress are looking to reveal these pages and Obama is trying to prevent this. His speech in Saudi Arabia could be seen as trying to "balance the books". Or maybe I'm just being cynical ;)

Otherwise I like him a lot. He's not the best deal maker, and that has hampered his Presidency, but he's a very clever guy and remains idealistic enough that you'd always have hoped he'd achieve even half of what he aimed for.

You're spot on about him being in a "free" position to call it straight on Brexit, as far as he's concerned. He's probably not on a solo run on this one either. American companies must be concerned about being cut off from the market they set up to access. He'll have been made well aware of this before arriving in Britain.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Hope this helps re Brexit.

For: We haven't won the World Cup since we've been in the EU.

Against: Since we've joined the EU an English team has won the League and the FA Cup every year.

:D
I once played against Don Revie.