Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
50%
OUT
50%

Total votes : 12

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Postby Davycc » 24 Sep 2017, 13:01

Playing devils avocado here but where do you draw the line at giving the people the final vote, what is or isn't deemed to be important enough to do that? I'd never be out of my local Primary school as there's so many things I'd want a personal vote on !

Unfortunately we vote these people in and we have to take the consequences.

PS WK just realised I'm commenting on another of your posts, really not a personal thing mate and I know you take things the right way :D :thumbup:
Check out the Members map - Link in the "New Members" section
Davycc
Garry Monk's statistician

Postby White Knight » 24 Sep 2017, 13:10

Davycc wrote:Playing devils avocado here but where do you draw the line at giving the people the final vote, what is or isn't deemed to be important enough to do that? I'd never be out of my local Primary school as there's so many things I'd want a personal vote on !

PS WK just realised I'm commenting on another of your posts, really not a personal thing mate and I know you take things the right way :D :thumbup:

:D Don't worry Davy, I enjoy the banter. As I said earlier, it's what the forum is about!
By the way, I'm working in your neck of the woods on Tuesday. Just glad I'll have a customs/ passport free drive over the border. Long may that last :thumbup:
White Knight
Lee Bowyer's lawyer

Postby Davycc » 24 Sep 2017, 13:31

White Knight wrote:
Davycc wrote:Playing devils avocado here but where do you draw the line at giving the people the final vote, what is or isn't deemed to be important enough to do that? I'd never be out of my local Primary school as there's so many things I'd want a personal vote on !

:D Don't worry Davy, I enjoy the banter. As I said earlier, it's what the forum is about!
By the way, I'm working in your neck of the woods on Tuesday. Just glad I'll have a customs/ passport free drive over the border. Long may that last :thumbup:

Too true :thumbup:
Check out the Members map - Link in the "New Members" section
Davycc

Postby johnh » 24 Sep 2017, 13:33

White Knight wrote:

No matter what problems accrue from the politicians, the people will sort it out locally, they always do.
If you think you will succeed, or think you will fail, you will usually be right.
johnh

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 02 Nov 2017, 13:45

Government loses vote on publishing Brexit impact assessment papers. I've got a feeling this is going to be Project fear x 10.

Nick Clegg, Ken Clarke and Lord Adonis visit Barnier to discuss Christmas. Instead of delivering the usual three gifts, gold, frankincense and myrrh. They just handed Barnier three copies of Nick Clegg'ss latest book.
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump.
Viduka Hits The Mark
Gordon Strachan's chauffeur

Previous

Return to General