Which Radio Stations Do You Listen To ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Which Radio Stations Do You Listen To ?

Post by 1964white »

Found a fabulous station.....Absolute Radio 60's

Wonderful day's listening

Tracks by : Animals, Aretha Franklin, Band, Beach Boys, Beatles, Bee Gees, Bob Dylan, Bobby Gentry, Byrds, Canned Heat, Cream, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Donovan, Doors, Dusty Springfield, Eddie Floyd, Etta James, Fifth Dimension, Four Tops, Isley Bros, James Brown, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Ruffin, Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Love, Lovin Spoonful, Marvin Gaye, Monkees, Nina Simone, Norman Greenbaum, Otis Redding, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Stevie Wonder, Temptations, Them, Turtles, Velvet Underground, Wilson Pickett, Zombies

As well as the classics Absolute Radio 60's play several less obvious tracks such as :

Rolling Stones - We Love You
Zombies - Time Of The Season
Doors - Break On Through
Beach Boys - Heroes & Villians
Simon & Garfunkel - A Hazy Shade Of Winter
Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
Edwin Starr - 25 Miles
Small Faces - Here Comes The Nice
James Carr - Dark End Of The Street
Otis Redding - Satisfaction

You don't often hear 'Whole Lotta Love' ' See Emily Play' & Eight Miles High on the radio & three of my all-time favourites ' Voodoo Chile' 'Man Of The World' & 'Alone Again Or'

They even played an early Stones song which i can't remember the title :shock: i now have the task of searching through their early cd's or else it will bug me for the rest of the week :lol:

And finally the day's music hasn't forgotten the sad passing of Lou Reed as 'Sweet Jane' Stephanie Says' 'Pale Blue Eyes' & I'm Waiting For My Man' hit the airwaves 8-)

Absolute Radio 60's have a special Lou Reed tribute at 7pm tonight with tributes from David Bowie,John Cale, Debbie Harry, Nico & others with words from the late pioneer of rock music too !
SMorientes

Re: Which Radio Stations Do You Listen To ?

Post by SMorientes »

I don't listen to a lot of radio but when I do it's usually Absolute Radio. The main station is a mix of all the decades and more modern stuff, if I had to pick one it would probably be 60s but I think my clock radio only tunes into the main station. They have Alun Cochrane and Frank Skinner on on a weekend who I quite like and Matt Berry's voice is so good he even makes annoying radio soundbytes palatable or even enjoyable. Like you say it's great that they play some lesser heard songs from old bands but they also play a great selection of contemporary music that I wouldn't otherwise have ever heard.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I listen mostly to Capital on my way to and from work in Leeds.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

Classic FM and Talksport.

I used to love Talksport when it was a phone in talk show too. I wished there was another one like it.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Sometimes 1, 2, 6 or Smooth (for soul), mostly 3 (whose coverage of jazz, world, folk pushes my boat out), or 5/Talk Sport for sport of course.

IPod on shuffle almost without exception in the car though.
Last edited by Mellor on 28 Oct 2013, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SMorientes wrote:I don't listen to a lot of radio but when I do it's usually Absolute Radio. The main station is a mix of all the decades and more modern stuff, if I had to pick one it would probably be 60s but I think my clock radio only tunes into the main station. They have Alun Cochrane and Frank Skinner on on a weekend who I quite like and Matt Berry's voice is so good he even makes annoying radio soundbytes palatable or even enjoyable. Like you say it's great that they play some lesser heard songs from old bands but they also play a great selection of contemporary music that I wouldn't otherwise have ever heard.
Another fan :thumbup: yes they were advertising Frank Skinner today

So glad to find this little gem although I have many albums to catch up on 8-)
Green Boi
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Green Boi »

BBC Radio 4, actually. It helps me in learning English.
So... there is a football! Let's play.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Talksport and Radio 2
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Where has the 60's station gone.....this can't be right as Beautiful South & The Imaginary's are on the airwaves

Something amiss here :problem:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Normal service has resumed thankfully

Beach Boys, The Who, Simon & Garfunkel & followed by Aretha Franklin with the beautiful song Ain't No Way 8-)

Rolling Stones on now doing a Chuck Berry number Bye Bye Johnny from the very first Stones EP :D