My life has changed....... woof!

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

My life has changed....... woof!

Post by Sheepy »

We've just got a dog! a border collie which we rehomed from the Dogs Trust. Its hard(ish) work, but its rewarding and great fun.

Sounds daft, but since working for myself I've been literally waking up, having a wash or shower, making a cuppa and then straight into my 'office' (spare room with a desk) and working for usually 10 hours. Then tea, then an hours TV, then bed and repeat....

I love working for myself, so I'm not complaining, but it was becoming a very reclusive existence.... So we decided to get a dog for a bit of companionship and of course some exercise!

Now I'm up at 6, out at 7, fresh air, walking bluey the collie, meeting other dog owners, its literally changed my life! Its a bit mad really, in fact It sounds really over dramatic but I'm so glad we did it, 3 walks a day, obedience class on a friday night, two proper long weekend walks.... great stuff..

At this rate I'll be fitting back into my old early 90's Leeds shirts!

And the best bit, one less dog without a home :thumbup:

Anyone else got a pooch?
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: My life has changed....... woof!

Post by Davycc »

Good for you Sheepy, nice one. Yep have Max 7 years now got him from Mid Antrim Animal Sanctuary. He had been left in a house when his owners up sticks and moved. Neighbours think he was in the house about 4 days before he was got out.

Great feeling, great dog never bothers with anyone or other dogs. A big softie.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

I to have a border collie (Jess). She's absolutely gorgeous. She was 8 on 2nd of May. Got her from a dogs home when she was 16 weeks old. Love her to bits. Borders are supposedly the cleverest breeds around and mine is as bright as a button, if not a little bit boisterous at times. She still gives me a hug every time I come home.

I hope you enjoy your border as much as I do mine. :D
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Davycc wrote:He had been left in a house when his owners up sticks and moved.
I don't get some humans, how could you do that? At least you saved him Davey, bit like winning the lottery for him i bet ;)
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Wigan White wrote:I to have a border collie (Jess). She's absolutely gorgeous. She was 8 on 2nd of May. Got her from a dogs home when she was 16 weeks old. Love her to bits. Borders are supposedly the cleverest breeds around and mine is as bright as a button, if not a little bit boisterous at times. She still gives me a hug every time I come home.

I hope you enjoy your border as much as I do mine. :D
We were told yesterday the same at the obedience class that collies are the cleverest, or one of them. Blue sounds just like your Jess, he is really boisterous when he meets new people and other dogs, infact yesterday started a bit of a nightmare at the class as he went mental to get to the other dogs.
That said, once we started the training, he picked up all the commands and cottoned on really quick. He's a smart lad (and a sock thief)...
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sheepy wrote:
Davycc wrote:He had been left in a house when his owners up sticks and moved.
I don't get some humans, how could you do that? At least you saved him Davey, bit like winning the lottery for him i bet ;)
Yeah some people really disgust me, makes me fear what sort of other things they could do. Max is half German Shepard half Rough Collie and has the temperament of a male Lassie (though most of the dogs used to film Lassie were males)

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

wow. he's a grand lad!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Beautiful photo, that second one - he knows where the camera is, doesn't he ?? :D :D :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davy, man's best friend and burglars nightmare, can't ask for more.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Here's our fella in the Telegraph....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/goodlife/114 ... cover.html
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.