Boxing Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Boxing Thread

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Dylan White Vrs Joseph Parker tonight. Can the body snatcher claim another victim tonight? Or will the New Zealander spoil his party. My predictions of late have been way out so i'm going for Parker on points.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Yeah, Parker for me. Inside 10 rounds I think.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

It’s pretty much 50/50 with the bookies, but I tend to agree with you guys about a Parker win.

Decent fight beforehand too, Takam v Chisora.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

Parker just edges it for me too on points.
With regards to Takam v Chisora, depends which Chisora turns up! If he's up for it it will be a decent fight.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

One of the best boxing night’s for me, absolutely brilliant :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Only watched the 2 heavyweight bouts but what drama. Credit to Dylan & Del Boy they both looked the stronger men. Although White nearly lost it at the death thru exhaustion. Good luck to all of em.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

If that Welborn v Langford fight is not fight of the year, I’d like to see the one that is.
Deleted User 3289

Anthony Joshua vrs Alexander Povetkin, England vrs Russia. It can't happen can it? Nar i think AJ will be too strong for him. Once he feels the power of AJ he may not fancy it? I hope we will see the best AJ again as i think he was too casual against Parker. I think we will see a angry AJ and a hurtful one. Should be a great fight as Povetkin proved he can punch when he knocked Price spark out.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Price also had Povetkin on the canvas in that fight and Price is levels away from Joshua. Joshua's performance against Parker was smart, if not spectacular. His speed advantage against Povetkin will mean he'll be less concerned of what's coming back at him. Joshua in 4.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

Usyk v Bellew on Saturday. No brainer for me I'm afraid. Usyk in a couple of rounds - knockout.
I don't rate Bellew that highly as a fighter and although he's done well in the last couple of years, this is a step to far for him. I guess he's always got a punchers chance but I'll be very surprised he'll get close enough to land anything decent. I hope he then decides to retire.