Boxing Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Boxing Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wladimir Klitschko retires from boxing.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Wladimir Klitschko retires from boxing.
Not my favourite Heavyweight Boxer by any stretch. Always presented himself well when faced with idiots such as Haye & Chisora winding him up. Even though he lost against Joshua, he gained a lot of respect for his performance in the fight.

Obviously doesn't need the money so what's the point of getting beat up again? Correct decision I wish him well in his next venture. (Lets hope it's not commentating tho) he could become Boxing's version of Peter Schmeichel. ZZZZzzzzz
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I read somewhere that he is involved in politics.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

johnh wrote:I read somewhere that he is involved in politics.
I didn't have him down as a liar, cheat and a thief. :D
Deleted User 3289

Won't be long now until the freak show fight takes place between CM & FM. I'm treating it more like a wrestling bout than a Boxing match. (Wrestling is real isn't it?)

Reported 100m dollars each I suppose it's worth getting out of bed for Floyd.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Don't know whether this is funny, or out of order, I'm thinking more the latter.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41286234
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Barlow Boy wrote:Don't know whether this is funny, or out of order, I'm thinking more the latter.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41286234
Same here BB. Monroe was actually being quite nice to the lad before he did that. TBF to Saunders he seemed oblivious to what was going on. I do think someone put the seed in the young kids head tho?

Massive fight in the easy hours this morning. The hardest man in Boxing Triple GGG facing one of the best Boxers of the new generation in Canelo. Some people are calling it the fight of the decade? I will be setting the alarm for this one. Intriguing contest.
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

Crolla v Burns tomorrow night. What an interesting fight. I feel Burns has been past his best for some years now. Winner to carry on fighting, loser to retire??
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Crolla for me, hopefully the undercard lasts a long time as I'm watching the rugby first.
Deleted User 3289

For all the casual Boxing fans, there is a fantastic fight coming up this Saturday between George Groves Vrs Chris Eubank Jr in the World Boxing Super Series. The promotion as been really poor imo, partly down the neither fighter being part of Eddie Hearns matchroom stable (sort it out Sky and get interested in all fighters). As the potential to be a fight of the year contender in my book.

Me and afew of my mates think Eubank Jr's superior skills and stamina we guide him to a points victory should it go the distance. Groves only chance imo is to knock Eubank Jr out, and with his superior power, he is more than capable of doing that. Should be a intriguing contest. Just a shame its on ITV box-office which will put a lot of casual boxing fans off.