Boxing Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Boxing Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Apparently, Bellew has said he’s going to retire win lose or draw. We’ve all heard that before, of course.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

big jon wrote:Usyk v Bellew on Saturday. No brainer for me I'm afraid. Usyk in a couple of rounds - knockout.
I don't rate Bellew that highly as a fighter and although he's done well in the last couple of years, this is a step to far for him. I guess he's always got a punchers chance but I'll be very surprised he'll get close enough to land anything decent. I hope he then decides to retire.
Agree with most of that Big Jon. I think because of his punchers chance it will go a few more rounds. Personally i've always had a soft spot for Bellew. The first fight he came to my attention was against Nathen Cleverly and although he lost, it was a very close enjoyable fight. The way he dismantled Makabu after being knocked down in the first round, was a treat especially with all the pressure of fighting at Goodison park. He'll be the first to say he's not the most talented fighter but he's got a big heart and a strong desire and he proved it against the Faker, David Haye.

I hope he retires as you both say. Imo he can be proud of making the most out of his career, unlike some fighters who flatter to deceive. Audley Harrison comes straight to mind!
Deleted User 3289

2 massive fights tomorrow night.

The Leeds Warrior Josh Warrington takes on Belfast very own Jackal, Carl Frampton in Manchester of all places. Although i like both fighters, I'm going for Warrington in this one, no bias honest :shh: i genuinely feel his work rate we see him home on points. Frampton likes to plant his feet and control the tempo and he won't get the chance against Warrington who is proving to be one of the fittest Boxers out there. Which seems to fit nicely in with what Leeds FC are doing at the minute.

Dillian White takes on Dereck Chisora at the opposite end of the weight scales, in a heavyweight rematch that was a tightly contested fight the first time they fought. I'm going for White KO in this one as i think he is fast becoming the most underrated fighter we have. Like Bellew he ducks no one and has been calling out Wilder for some time now, especially with him being the No 1 ranking contender for the WBC (Wilder is not interested) Dereck has let himself down too many times for me. Throwing tables about, slapping peoples faces, fighting with Haye and he seems to get away with it more than most tbf and i'm not sure why? Dereck can bang so he will always have a punchers chance, he looks the fittest he has ever been but white is the harder man for me.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Firstly, it’s a shambles that these two fights are in the same night. I know it’s Warren v Hearn, but surely a bit of common sense should prevail.

As for the fights, obviously I want Josh to win, but it’s a toss up for me. Josh, busy, hard working fighter against Frampton, a more pick your shots man. It’ll be down to the judges for me, who likes what style. It could be a draw.

Agree with VHTM, I cannot see anything other than a Whyte win in the SKY offering, not sure about KO though.

A good nights boxing, spoilt by a clash of times and channels.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Agree on the clash BB. I believe Warren had the fight scheduled in first and then Hearn penciled his fight in afterwards. Poor from Hearn imo. Its a shame because i think most casual fight fans will obviously gravitate towards the bigger guys.
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

I agree with all that's been said - 2 great fights on the same night.
As for predictions I think I'll go with the punch power in both fights. Although Josh has a fantastic work rate, I think Frampton has got just a little too much power for him.
I agree with VHTM with regards to Whyte. I think he's got better and better and he's not afraid of taking anyone on. I was surprised if I'm honest to hear Parker say that he could bang harder than AJ! Whyte for me a KO in the latter rounds.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sorry. Totally biased here ... has to be any of the two .... 1st home v 2nd home

Coops walking Josh out, Dallas should be walking Carl out.....

oh wait he can't walk ATM
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:Sorry. Totally biased here ... has to be any of the two .... 1st home v 2nd home
It’s all kicking off in twitter as Dallas has supported Frampton :crazy:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:Sorry. Totally biased here ... has to be any of the two .... 1st home v 2nd home

:lol: just hinted at that
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Great twitter piece there :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders