The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Boxing Thread

Post by kk white »

Josh Warrington 15/8
Carl Frampton 8/15

Really?

I'm a big Frampton fan (c'mon folks, I'm Irish), but polar odds? Don't think so. Won't be losing any money tonight, those odds a bit ridiculous in my eyes...

In saying that, The Jackal to grind to a win inside 10 :shh:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’ve no idea what you Irish lot are on about, but one thing is for sure, our boy did it.

Get in there Josh lad :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Well done Josh:-

'An honour to share the ring with Frampton'

Manchester - Warrington beats Frampton on points to retain IBF World Featherweight Championship

Josh Warrington speaking to BT Sport Box Office: " First of all, I want to say a big thank you to this man in the ring, I've always been a fan, it's just business tonight. The fans made a cracking atmosphere and I'm looking forward to Christmas turkey now.

"Carl Frampton will go down as one of the best champions in history and it was an honour to share the ring with him.

"He's a two-weight world champion and you've got to be clever with a thinking fighter like Carl. I kept coming at him and I hit him with some corker shots and he took them well. He's a tough man."

Carl Frampton, who lost to Josh Warrington, tells BT Sport Box Office: "He won the fight fair and square. I came here, had trained hard and was sharp but the better man won and I hope he goes on to unify the division.

"It was just not my night, I was fit and strong but Josh was fitter and stronger. I was hurt a number of times. When people say Josh cannot punch, I don't know what they are talking about. I didn't estimate but he was even better than I thought - he can punch hard."

Frampton is asked about his future in boxing and says: "I will have to sit down with my team. I've got a young family at home and I've been in this game a long time. I have to sit down with my team and figure out the next move."

More from Josh Warrington, reacting to his win on BT Sport: "I want to enjoy Christmas, it's been a long five months preparing for this fight. It's been tough mentally and I hope I've won a few fans over and they're more than welcome to join the journey I'm on.

"I want more big fights and now I'm here, I'm not nervous anymore. I hope the fans were entertained."

Promoter Frank Warren: "Before we talk about what's next, that's the best world title fight I've ever seen in a British ring. That was something special that these two guys delivered.

"I just want to say how honoured we were to witness that tonight. What's next? Josh will have a rest now and we'll talk about what's next after Christmas."
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

WOW what a night of British Boxing that was. Blink and you miss it in the Warrington Frampton fight, that was 12 rounds of as high intensity Boxing that you will ever see. Great to see that both lads had the upmost respect for each other before, during and after the fight, and so they should, they are both down-to-earth great lads.

Both Fighters work rate was phenomenal, but just like Leeds with possession, Josh threw far more punches and surprised me how good he was up close. He has got really quick hand speed, but i was impressed by his footwork most of all. Jinking right & left working the angles really well, keeping it long and then pouncing when he got a chance, it really was a very intelligent strategy that worked a treat.

Carl will be obviously disappointed. There is still plenty of fight left in him, although i'm not sure what route he takes, and if he can be bothered with getting himself up for building fights. If i was him i would fight Scott Quigg again, it will be a money spinner and won't take much negotiation as quigg wants the fight.

There was a funny moment in the fight where Josh's dad says how you feeling, Josh replied, not bad, and his Dad then says, not bad, i want you to tell me your F*cking marvelous. Funny

What a explosive finish in the Whyte, Chisora fight. Apparently Whyte was behind on 2 judges cards before that explosive ending. I have to say with the 2 points chisora had deducted i find that hard to understand. Chisora was more of the aggressor, but for me Whyte picked the better punches. Anyway its all immaterial because Whyte caught Chisora with that peach of a left hook and it was lights out.

Hearn almost seemed disappointed with Whyte winning. Dylan now is in line to fight either the winner between Wilder & Fury, or a rematch with Joshua. He is right in the mix now and no one should deny him a title fight next year imo.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Brilliant display from Josh. Judges scores were a bit sympathetic to Frampton I felt. I had Warrington by 8...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 3289

James Degale vrs Chris Eubank Jr this sat night. Where i hear you ask? 02 Arena on ITV Box office. (I probably won't be paying for it either)

Tough one to call. If Degale can roll back the years and box from distance then i think he will win on points. Its tough to see where Eubank Jr goes from here if he loses. I'm suprised he wanted the fight tbh, if he wins people will just point to Degale being over the hill. Once again Eubank Jr is pulling no punches in talking about his own ability. As far as he goes now is the time to put-up or shut-up.
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:James Degale vrs Chris Eubank Jr this sat night. Where i hear you ask? 02 Arena on ITV Box office. (I probably won't be paying for it either)

Tough one to call. If Degale can roll back the years and box from distance then i think he will win on points. Its tough to see where Eubank Jr goes from here if he loses. I'm suprised he wanted the fight tbh, if he wins people will just point to Degale being over the hill. Once again Eubank Jr is pulling no punches in talking about his own ability. As far as he goes now is the time to put-up or shut-up.
I agree VHTM, I'm not too sure whom I back in this one. I've been really disappointed with Degale over the past few years. I feel he could've done much better and become of of the best in the business. His career seems to have petered out rather limply.
Eubank Jr is as arrogant as his father but I doubt he will ever reach the heights his father did. I rated him very highly as a fighter. It was a shame that his fight against Watson ended the way it did as he never had the same killer finish after that.
I think I'll hedge my bet on a Eubank Jr win - not quite sure why, but I think he just may step up to the mark in this one.
Deleted User 3289

Luke Campbell to face his toughest test yet in facing Vasyl Lomachenko. Some pundits think Lomachenko could be the best to ever lace up the gloves? I have only seen him fight once against Crolla which was a mismatch Loma destroyed him. Campbell is alot taller than his opponent and has good speed but he is a bit one dimensional imo. Campbell needs to hurt him early to stand any chance but i think Loma wins comfortably. Good luck to the kid tho.
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Luke Campbell to face his toughest test yet in facing Vasyl Lomachenko. Some pundits think Lomachenko could be the best to ever lace up the gloves? I have only seen him fight once against Crolla which was a mismatch Loma destroyed him. Campbell is alot taller than his opponent and has good speed but he is a bit one dimensional imo. Campbell needs to hurt him early to stand any chance but i think Loma wins comfortably. Good luck to the kid tho.
This is how I see it as well :thumbup:
I'm really looking forward to seeing how far Lomachenko can go in the boxing world - a real class act.