Boxing Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Boxing Thread

Post by johnh »

Fair do's to AJ, he stuck to his game plan. I read recently about Mike Tyson's comment about game plans, made me smile. He said 'the first time your opponent punches you in the face, game plans go out of the window'.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

As Marvin Hagler famously said, "Its hard to get up and run at 5am when you're wearing silk pyjamas"
Love that quote its so true. I thinks its a sad reflection on Ruiz personally that he didn't train hard enough for the rematch. I can only imagine that him, and his team thought all he has to do is land that big punch and its over? No chance of a re-match and tbh i'm not sure Ruiz deserves one after that. The big 2 names of Wilder & Fury are out of the equation as they are due to fight each other. If i was AJ's team i would be going with is mandatory IBF defence in Pulev. Although Usyk is smaller he is a danger because of his skill set.

Personally i would now like to see Whyte reinstated as the mandatory for the WBC and fight the winner of the Fury wilder fight. But i fear they will point the finger at Whyte's recent (controversial?) irregular doping test as a excuse not to fight him, even though he has now been cleared.

I'm just amazed that anyone would dare punch Iron Mike Tyson in the face. :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
As Marvin Hagler famously said, "Its hard to get up and run at 5am when you're wearing silk pyjamas"
Love that quote its so true. I thinks its a sad reflection on Ruiz personally that he didn't train hard enough for the rematch. I can only imagine that him, and his team thought all he has to do is land that big punch and its over? No chance of a re-match and tbh i'm not sure Ruiz deserves one after that. The big 2 names of Wilder & Fury are out of the equation as they are due to fight each other. If i was AJ's team i would be going with is mandatory IBF defence in Pulev. Although Usyk is smaller he is a danger because of his skill set.

Personally i would now like to see Whyte reinstated as the mandatory for the WBC and fight the winner of the Fury wilder fight. But i fear they will point the finger at Whyte's recent (controversial?) irregular doping test as a excuse not to fight him, even though he has now been cleared.

I'm just amazed that anyone would dare punch Iron Mike Tyson in the face. :D
I was surprised at how dangerous Ruiz still was though mate. I might have missed it but I think it was said he wanted to be even heavier for this fight, even against his management's wishes. Also, both fighters def said there is to be another rematch - 'Have you heard? There's a third' I think Joshua said. I didn't see their first fight and photos of Ruiz made me think he was just a fat slob with a strong jaw but I changed my view after watching last night's fight, even though he wasn't really on form.
Deleted User 3289

Can't see it ANS? Don't get me wrong AJ won't earn a easier £44m in his career imo, so if there was the clamour for the fight why not? But with Ruiz effectively coming out and saying he party'd too much and that's why he lost, people like me just say, Tuff luck mate you had your big chance. He was the Heavyweight champion of the world with 3 belts and the world at his feet and he wanted to party?

If he works his way back upto a mandatory position for one of AJ's belts. Then it may happen but i don't think he has the desire after becoming a overnight millionaire. I guess we will see.
Deleted User 3289

Fury Vrs Wilder 2 tomorrow morning walk at 5am gmt.

It would be great if Fury could bring the WBC belt back to the UK along with AJ's other 3 belts.

I don't see it, i think Wilder gets the knockout this time or Fury cuts up badly stopping the fight either way. I hope i'm wrong, i usually am. Good luck to the lad from Morecambe.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

I've had a sneaking suspicion for Fury all week, but on the other hand, Wilder is due a BIG fight :roll:

I'm on the fence. Would love to watch it, but 30+ euros is a lot to lose a nights sleep. Can't record box office and watch it at a normal hour. By the time the repeats are shown, I'll have heard the result :evil:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 3289

I certainly wouldn't rule Fury out kk. He's arguably the most difficult heavy weight to land a punch on, the Mayweather of the heavyweights. :shifty: Interesting that both fighter have come in heavier this time with Wilder the heaviest he's ever been and Fury nearly 20st :wtf: . I won't be paying for it but i'm thinking of setting my alarm.
Deleted User 3289

Incredible. Well done Tyson Fury. He bust something in Wilders left eardrum and Wilder was bleeding badly from it. Wilder team threw in the towel in round 7. Wilder very gracious in defeat but well beaten. Tyson even finishes with the Song American pie. :lolno: Well done Tyson Fury you really are the best heavyweight on the planet in all that you have been through. I salute you! :clap: :thumbup:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Don't think AJ will stand a chance with Fury.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

johnh wrote:Don't think AJ will stand a chance with Fury.
Surely it is now on the cards for them to have a unification fight. Tyson Fury and AJ havecome from dark places over the past few years. I do agree with you that Tyson Fury has probably more in his locker than AJ does.

Its great to finally see all the belts come home for a change.