Boxing Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Boxing Thread

Post by kk white »

Bloody 'ell. Didn't see that coming. Thank **** there's no boxing prediction thread. I'd be ko'd every week!
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Crash, bang, wallop. Bellew has probably done Haye a favor there, just imagine if he would have got in the ring with AJ, he would have knocked him into the second row with his power. Summed up Haye's latter career perfectly for me, talk the talk get us all on board and then fail to deliver on the biggest stage. Take nothing away from Tony he did exactly what he said he would, and smashed him literally to bits.

I hope he retires now Bellew.
Deleted User 3289

Josh Warrington Vrs Lee Selby. Venue Elland Road, Date tomorrow night. Is any body going?

Warrington's methodical style against the tricks of Selby. Tough one to call but i'm backing the Leeds lad to grind him down.

Come on Wazza. Possible Leeds first Boxing world champion at stake.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I see Josh regularly at the games, regretting my ticket offer now to be honest.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:I see Josh regularly at the games, regretting my ticket offer now to be honest.
A mini bus of Nottingham Whites are travelling up.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Come on Wazza. Possible Leeds first Boxing world champion at stake.
I was actually at what I think maybe the first World title fight held in Leeds.

Was at Leeds Town Hall around 1990 as was for the vacant Light Heavy title. Sadly Local Lad Tom Collins was well outclassed by Leeonzer Barber from Detroit.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

So proud of Josh tonight, and the Leeds fans.

MOT
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Listened to it on the radio at work. Sounded a bit one sided so was puzzled and admittedly quite worried when it went to a split decision. Still, he won that's the main thing. Maybe he should be in the dressing room next season to inspire the players.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I'm not a huge boxing fan but it's great for Leeds & our fans that we now have a World Champion. The daughter went along with others so I'm sure I'll hear all about it later :D
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

Good luck to the lad. Comes across as a humble young man, you don't get 25000 people singing your name if your a dick. Hope he earns enough money from the sport to retire without getting too punch drunk.