Evil in the World

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Evil in the World

Post by PockWhite »

Policeman on duty received multiple stab wounds, now confirmed he's died.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Being reported now there were 4 fatalities including one terrorist (assailant/attacker?).
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yep, he's dead.
There's a photo of him too, showing a dark-skinned man with one of those Dr Mopp/Sonny Rollins style beards, which suggests he was muslim.

Apparently the police asked people not to share photos of the incident on social media, while The Sun are brandishing every photo they can get hold of on their feeds and the official website.

I'm worried this is gonna spark a new wave of anti-muslim hatred and attacks on mosques.
It's only a handful of idiots who've had their heads turned - it's the ringleaders and recruiters to their cause that we need to weed out and exile from this country whether they're British citizens or not.
The next few days will need strong leadership and calmness all round.

The cynic in me wonders whether the timing might just suit the government as they face more ire about Brexit, Trump, Scotland, etc ..

Terrible day for London.
Terrible day for the world :(
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Sad sad day again for humanity. Is there anything we are going to be able to do to stop this Religious ideological violence? I doubt it for a long time to come.

Can you imagine believing in something so strong that you are prepared to die for the cause? We need to try and understand why these people are so angry with the western world and it's innocent citizens before we can ever hope for peace.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:We need to try and understand why these people are so angry with the western world and it's innocent citizens before we can ever hope for peace.
All the citizens of the world are innocent.
It's the leaders with blood on their hands and money in their pockets that are the problem ..

I don't think there's much to understand, really - they don't have tanks, jets and unlimited military budgets so they strike back the only way they can.
We're outraged that three people have died today yet the US, Russia, NATO and Israel kill thousands of people every year in these countries but we're shielded from it all by patriotism, the media, consumerism and other diversions like Facebook and whatever shyte is on ITV every night.

I'm sure these young men (as it always is) are seen as proud heroes for what they do, the same way our soldiers are ..

It's a f**king gravy train, the whole game - manufacture arms, sell arms, start wars, incite hatred, make money and repeat ..
The government endorses the production of weapons and their export is vital for the economy - they don't really care if we lose a few people over it every year so long as the ball keeps rolling. It's just collateral damage, after all ..

There's no way out of it.
Welcome to the new world order.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Sad sad day again for humanity. Is there anything we are going to be able to do to stop this Religious ideological violence? I doubt it for a long time to come.

Can you imagine believing in something so strong that you are prepared to die for the cause? We need to try and understand why these people are so angry with the western world and it's innocent citizens before we can ever hope for peace.
It is ideological/political. Religion has nothing to do with it. Personally I think that religion is a load of toss but if you want to believe it that's up to you. I am nominally a Catholic thanks to my dad. Does that mean I was in the IRA? Of course not. If I have Islamic friends next door does that make them terrorists? Of course not. This is to do with power, terror and land grabs using disenfranchised, dysfunctional people who are willing to die for a little bit of "glory".
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

Terrible stuff going on. Surely this type of extremism takes months if not years to develop, prior to an act of terror. Is MI5 monitoring this extremism ? Was the attacker on a watch list? I don't know how you could stop these lone attacker incidents...

I think the fact that english officers are being trained in firearm capabilities for London, suggests a long term problem.
Deleted User 3289

All the citizens of the world are innocent.
It's the leaders with blood on their hands and money in their pockets that are the problem ..

I don't think there's much to understand, really - they don't have tanks, jets and unlimited military budgets so they strike back the only way they can.

There's no way out of it.
Welcome to the new world order.
I understand where you are coming from but that's war on a battlefield. Whether you believe in Religion or not we act on our own free will, so to get in a car and deliberately run into School kids at the side of the road that's not acceptable by any human being. I get the Mexican drug wars, the gang violence turf wars in the USA, but running innocent people over at the side of the road I just don't get it?
Last edited by Deleted User 3289 on 22 Mar 2017, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 3289

Sniffer wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Sad sad day again for humanity. Is there anything we are going to be able to do to stop this Religious ideological violence? I doubt it for a long time to come.

It is ideological/political. Religion has nothing to do with it. Personally I think that religion is a load of toss but if you want to believe it that's up to you. I am nominally a Catholic thanks to my dad. Does that mean I was in the IRA? Of course not. If I have Islamic friends next door does that make them terrorists? Of course not. This is to do with power, terror and land grabs using disenfranchised, dysfunctional people who are willing to die for a little bit of "glory".
I think you are being abit naive there Sniffer. They wouldn't be shouting Allah Akbar everytime a far right Muslim blows himself up if it had nothing to do with religion. Glory for who or what when they kill themselves? They are not brainwashed to the extent of the North Koreans, who would die for their country alone. They are brainwashed into believing they are dying for a just Religious cause. As I said in another post, we all have free will, it has nothing to do with religion when you deliberately run a car into innocent children at the side of road. You and you alone take responsibility for actions of that magnitude!
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Sniffer wrote:

I think you are being abit naive there Sniffer. They wouldn't be shouting Allah Akbar everytime a far right Muslim blows himself up if it had nothing to do with religion. Glory for who or what when they kill themselves? They are not brainwashed to the extent of the North Koreans, who would die for their country alone. They are brainwashed into believing they are dying for a just Religious cause. As I said in another post, we all have free will, it has nothing to do with religion when you deliberately run a car into innocent children at the side of road. You and you alone take responsibility for actions of that magnitude!
No, I don't think so. It is politically/ideologically directed. The disenfranchised/dysfunctional people that I'm talking of HAVE been brainwashed. They are fighting back against what they perceive to be the Dark Empire if you will. They are latching on to an idea - The Caliphate, an Islamic world - that the leaders of Daesch are pushing in a political way rather than a religious way. The Islamic doctrine they are using as a justification of their ideology bears no relation to the Islam practiced by most Muslims.