Please donate to the disaster appeal

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Please donate to the disaster appeal

Post by Aces »

I have just donated £25.00 tp the Phillipeans disaster appeal, I have been shocked by the footage of the devastation they have suffered and it makes you realise how lucky we are, not living in such countries that suffer huge storm fronts that wreak havoc on poor folks.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Please donate to the disaster appeal

Post by Davycc »

I have done so already. All I suggest is that those not in a position to donate just say a private word to whoever makes the difference to you.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My wife is tin shaking with Rotary later today. I'll give her a few quid to start the ball rolling. Shocking footage on TV, I was in Southern India when the tsunami hit but luckily we were at a place called Top Slip which was in the mountainous region when it hit. So have seen first hand the damage caused even though where we were wasn't that badly hit it was still bad enough.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

The past week was a hard week regarding communications with my wife and kids who are in the Philippines. It took me 4 days to contact them but thankfully they are all safe. A few bits of damage to windows and the roof of the house but so long as they are safe the material side of things dont matter, i cried bitter tears of worry the past week, no shame in saying that either, watching the impending news on CNN or SKY seeing the devastation that unfolded then not being able to phone use skype, brought out those deep fears we all hate to feel, but thank whatever higher power there is theyre all safe.

The only bright side of the past week was listening to Leeds beating charlton
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

You are absolutely right CW, no shame in tears being shed. Pleased to hear they are all safe.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Fantastic news CW :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Great news that must have devastating to wait through with no contact. :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite
Really pleased for you mate. Hope things aren't too bad for your family. Had a small win on Premium Bonds, winnings will go to the appeal.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:CorkWhite
Had a small win on Premium Bonds, winnings will go to the appeal.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

johnh wrote:CorkWhite
Really pleased for you mate. Hope things aren't too bad for your family. Had a small win on Premium Bonds, winnings will go to the appeal.
Well done mate. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT