Van

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Van

Post by Davycc »

Have been toying with the idea of operating a hot food van and with news today at work it may come sooner rather than later (so much for assurances) Went onto ebay to check out vans and saw this... ring any bells anyone?

Image Image
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Van

Post by Barlow Boy »

Not really into burgers etc, but have had the odd one (or two :shh: ) from that one near Billy's statue. Really nice actually.

Good luck davy mate.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Good luck mate, you'll just have to change your name to Julie Ann :shifty:
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

First person to offer healthy food at a football match makes a killing IMO!

Good luck should you decide to give the van a go.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Good luck Davy. A mate of mine bought one years ago and never looked back :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Tell us what's happening then Davy!
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Not really into burgers etc, but have had the odd one (or two :shh: ) from that one near Billy's statue. Really nice actually.

Good luck davy mate.
Ditto. (The van near Billy's statue). These days I eat in the Pavilion usually but Mark and I had a burger from there at the end of last season and it was delicious! Not quite to the very high standard set by the two Leeds fans who sell em from a van outside Portsmouth's Fratton Park...but well up there with those!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Tell us what's happening then Davy!
ONS

I need to be a tad careful discussing this here, like most large companies mine takes a decidedly dim view of staff discussing openly company related issues. Suffice to say we have lost 90-95% of our business in Belfast to the worlds leading company in our sector. Contract expires in March TUPE kicks in but sometimes that's worth a pocket full of nothing. Although TUPE "should" protect salary and T&C's we work on a higher hourly rate and a substantial OTP monthly bonus which they do not pay and won't need to as its a company bonus. Contract losses and takeovers are part and parcel of the industry I'm in.

Hey ho sounds glib but every cloud has a silver lining, the last time I went through this I came out much better off, can't see lightening striking twice though with this company coming in.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Hope it all goes smoothly for you, that's all one can say really isn't it? I 'learned' personally years ago that if you work for a company you near as damn it love, are loyal to and dedicated and hard-working for, it still doesn;t really mean anything on a axe-weilders' 'cut' list, you're just a number. Am not meaning to be cynical, it's always down to personal situations.
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

Before you decide to go down the burger van route check it out thoroughly, insurance, hygiene certificates, safety, hot & cold water, suppliers, location & most important whose toes you may be treading on, there are some very nasty people operating in that business who jealously guard what they consider as their own personal pitches.

It's a lot of hard work but it can be well worth it, good luck.