Re: Van

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Wise words Spidey :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Van

Post by Davycc »

Spiderman wrote:Before you decide to go down the burger van route check it out thoroughly, insurance, hygiene certificates, safety, hot & cold water, suppliers, location & most important whose toes you may be treading on, there are some very nasty people operating in that business who jealously guard what they consider as their own personal pitches.

It's a lot of hard work but it can be well worth it, good luck.
Spot on, on all counts Spidy. The certs etc are not a problem pitch is of course. Being an ex member of the local constabulary I know the implications of stepping on toes. Having a"visit" wouldn't deter me but I'm not dim enough to know that waking up to a fire crackling in my driveway and my business blazing away wouldn't be out of the question, and not a lot could be done about it so yes that's a no no.

I've a slightly different idea in mind rather than a pitch and through a little research (and local knowledge) I have a plan.

BUT and this is the big BUT, I am inserting several large ferrous bars into a furnace before the van becomes a last ditch attempt at an income.

That's the problem you see, it just might take a big shove of "no other option" to go down that route, and that alone makes me wonder is it for me.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure......
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders