The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

What's in your attic

Post by Davycc »

OK from memory

bet there are at least three things here that's in everyone's roof space /attic

several suitcases
LP's (Si that's vinyl disc's used for storing music on ;) )
Books
Photos
Christmas tree etc
Loads more
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 130

Re: What's in your attic

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Nothing, other than insulation roll :D

However, under the stairs is a different matter, I've just finished sorting through my dear old Dad's match programmes and have found a ton of great old ones. Not selling my Leeds ones but have managed to give away some nice Leeds RL and Yorkshire Cricket ones.

For anyone who doesn't know (but is interested enough to be still reading this :P) my Dad was on the ground staff at ER for 26 years and before that he used to be an avid LU supporter. And he bought programmes for every game he went to, and then was given complimentary copies for each match when he worked there, often with the team sheet included. My fave find was a Leeds v Liverpool programme from 1972, FA Cup, with Bill Shankly's signature on the front. He used to sign anything did Shankly, apparently, but it's not the financial worth that I'm thinking of.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Empty suitcases and Christmas tree, plus all the trimmings to decorate the inside of the house. Now the garage that's where the real treasure trove is in this house :D
Winner of the Europa League
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Shouldn't that be 'loft'? ;)

Thanks for thinking of me.

When I moved to this house three years ago the loft had been converted so it's used as a birding port for my dad and brother who are keen twitchers (before getting pneumonia and almost dying leaving him temporarily scared, my dad used to be in the top 10 twitchers in the world in terms of the number of birds seen - although he blames the birth of his children for his fall) with old toys from my childhood, suitcases, maybe Xmas decorations and lots of bags, the contents of which I'm not sure.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

My house doesn't have an attic space so all my extra/forgotten possesssions find their way into the cellar instead.
Cellar currently contains: Christmas tree, golf clubs, boxes, suitcases, oh and a rat. Saw the little beastard yesterday. Dog saw him aswell as he sauntered (didn't even have the decency to scamper or flee) into a hole in the ceiling where the pipes from the boiler go. Dog's been going mental ever since barking at the cellar door and sniffing the floorboards in the kitchen. Anyone got any good anti-rat tips?
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

SMorientes wrote:My house doesn't have an attic space so all my extra/forgotten possesssions find their way into the cellar

Surely the cellar is where one keeps ones wine :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
SMorientes

Post by SMorientes »

Oh there's wine, beer and food down there as well! I just don't count those in my lists of superfluous chattels; they're very much essentials.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

SMorientes wrote:Oh there's wine, beer and food down there as well! I just don't count those in my lists of superfluous chattels; they're very much essentials.
I'd make sure any food you have down there is well ensconced lad. If you've a rat down there........?? :sick:

I've been baiting rats since I got back to work. Railway Street is plagued with them atm.......Best tip at present is try and draw him out with good old fashioned chocolate and a trap. Break his back and also makes sure he doesn't die somewhere under your floorboards. That smell will drive you and the dog more than nuts....
Get a tin of expanding foam or sand and cement if you can lay your hands on any and seal those holes around the boiler piping, stop anymore getting in.! Just remember if you've no lagging round those pipes buy some if you're planning on using sand and cement. After a while the copper pipes will start to 'doze'(leak) as the cement will gradually eat through the copper.....
Just point in around the pipes nice and neatly..........Job's a good un. :thumbup:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Shotgun ! :thumbup:

As my learned friend says chocolate and a good steel trap. I poisoned one years ago in an old garage and boy does it honk if you cant find the corpse.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SMorientes

Post by SMorientes »

Expanding foam's a great idea, will buy some tomorrow. Though will he just dig back through it? They're good tunnellers. Will also collect the poison back in if the smell's really that bad. He doesn't touch it anyway, just runs through it and spreads it about, making it dangerous for the dogs.