9%
Monica Galetti
9%

Total votes: 11

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Chef

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We had a week in Bude last yea & I'd read on trip advisor about a restaurant a stones throw away from our hotel called Life's a Beach & booked prior to going to Bude. We went & had a look during the day & to be honest it looked nothing more than a cheap cafe but we decided we would the honourable thing & turn up that night to eat. As we walked in we were greeted by a young man with holes in his jeans, tattoos & piercings. As we walked past the open kitchen there was a similar array of young men like the one showing us to our table. The seafood we had was unbelievable & cooked beautifully. The service was attentive & friendly we began to realise virtually all the customers were regulars/locals. We were so impressed that we booked 2 further evening meals & 2nd time we went were treated like long lost friends. Never judge a book & all that.

Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We had a week in Bude last yea & I'd read on trip advisor about a restaurant a stones throw away from our hotel called Life's a Beach & booked prior to going to Bude. We went & had a look during the day & to be honest it looked nothing more than a cheap cafe but we decided we would the honourable thing & turn up that night to eat. As we walked in we were greeted by a young man with holes in his jeans, tattoos & piercings. As we walked past the open kitchen there was a similar array of young men like the one showing us to our table. The seafood we had was unbelievable & cooked beautifully. The service was attentive & friendly we began to realise virtually all the customers were regulars/locals. We were so impressed that we booked 2 further evening meals & 2nd time we went were treated like long lost friends. Never judge a book & all that.

Sounds like my kind of place (I was tempted with the obvious pun ) I prefer the less formal as long as the foods good and the staff are good.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Went to Bude once. I was doing some consultancy work for GCHQ Cheltenham (It took me a couple of hours to drive there (Cheltenham) and another couple of hours to get in through security!) They had a small operation in Bude and I had to go down there as part of the job. Coincidentally, my rugby team were playing away at Launceston in Cornwall so I arranged to go to Bude on the Friday and drove across to Launceston on the Saturday. Don't remember finding any nice restaurants though. Only time I have ever been to Cornwall.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Having some Posh Nosh at lunch time before the drive home.
Will have a Chef called Scott Barnard who reached the Master chief professionals final demonstrating and cooking for us. On the downside he's apparently a Millwall fan but we have permission of the restaurant owner to extract the Urine.
The owner himself has worked in top London hotels with some top named chefs.

This is the place we are at :
http://crockersprivatedining.co.uk/about

Bit of a special occasion place not your ordinary restaurant.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I surprised Sue a couple of years back we were due to go to Padstow & the son in law was driving so unbeknown to her I booked us into Paul Ainsworths restaurant No 6. The meal was a taster menu of 3 courses at £25 a head but as he is a Michelin starred chef I thought represented good value. All 3 courses were stunning & as we weren't driving washed down with a nice Sauvignon.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Amazing afternoon at Crocker's, lots of extras which totalled 10 courses counting a few surprise tasters.
Scott (not a bad bloke for a Millwall fan) even reproduced the sweet course he did in the final of masterchef as an extra.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

Good to see 2 Leeds fans in the chef list :clap:
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

cheffy007 wrote:Good to see 2 Leeds fans in the chef list :clap:
OK Delia and who else?

Nah I'm going for James Martin and Mr Turner
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:
OK Delia and who else?

Brian Turner is one I believe :thumbup:
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:
OK Delia and who else?

Brian Turner is one I believe :thumbup:
Paul Rankin is the other. I saw him on telly once cooking for a Man City fan whilst wearing a Leeds shirt.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk