9%
Monica Galetti
9%

Total votes: 11

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Chef

Post by Davycc »

Being a person who likes to cook I love "some" cooking shows, real cooking not cakey stuff.

Question is if you like to cook who is your favourite TV chef/cook. My favourite is (and not because he's from Yorkshire) is James Martin, love his taste in food. Close 2nd would be Tom Kerridge.

Who would be your's ?

PS I'm sure if Cheffy007 had a show, it would be him.
Last edited by Davycc on 28 Dec 2016, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Chef

Post by Wigan White »

Tom Kerridge for me.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My favourite for many reasons doesn't even make the list & that's Monica Galetti so I voted Ramsey.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I don't watch any of these style of shows but I like Ramsey, Floyd and especially Nigel Slater as blokes.
I think I could go and have a few jars with each of them and it would be an entertaining evening .. even more so if it was all of us :D

I read Slater's bio, Toast, and saw the TV adaptation, both of which were superb.
Floyd's hilarious naturally, but even more so with a drink inside him, while I can see a lot of myself in "Ramsey Gordon" as my French gf used to call him :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The chef to me has stolen a living for years is Ainsley Harriot, what a waste of time in my humble culinary opinion. Worrell Thompson is another for that catergory.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Clueless on this but thought I'd ask her indoors and our vote goes to Tom Kerridge closely followed by Marcus Wareing.

Last year when we toured Scotland the chef at the Drumnadrochit hotel at loch ness was the double of Tom Kerridge. He even sounded like him and she was convinced it was his brother.
We asked and he laughed, was no relation but apparently lots of people made same mistake, he even came from the same area, hence the accent.

My better halfs son is a Chef and learned his trade working with Marcus Wareing.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Me & Mrs PW like watching Nigel Slater, especially all his stuff that he does around people's allotments & vegetable patches.
Needs a haircut mind, but that aside he gets my/our vote.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The chef to me has stolen a living for years is Ainsley Harriot, what a waste of time in my humble culinary opinion. Worrell Thompson is another for that catergory.
Apologies for leaving out Monica, how could I forget with including Marcus. Totally agree with your thoughts on Thompson and Harriot
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Isn't Marco Pierre White a LUFC supporter?

Don't watch much TV, so some the names in the poll are not familiar. I like Hairy Bikers for their combination of interesting travel, useful information and generally easy to do/follow recipes.

I've seen and enjoyed quite a few of Rick Stein's travelogues, so that's who I voted for.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The chef to me has stolen a living for years is Ainsley Harriot, what a waste of time in my humble culinary opinion. Worrell Thompson is another for that catergory.

You talk about stealing a living well on Master Chef what does the Millwall supporting Greg Wallace bring to the party, what a waste of license payers money. Monica and Marcus or John Tarode yes but not Wallace.