Brian Turner
9%
Monica Galetti
9%

Total votes: 11

Deleted User 3289

Re: Chef

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Amusingly he has a recipe which he calls 'slutty chicken' because he opens the legs of the bird as wide as possible to allow the heat to penetrate its innards.
Ooh No! It gives me cold shivers that thinking about an old VHS tape my mate found in his dads collection called Animal Farm, we were all never quite the same kids after a glimpse of that....... :wtf:

You've all missed the one and only Anthony Worrell Thompson. Now there's a Little Chef.............. :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

cheffy007 wrote: The only guy missing from the list and who would get my vote every time is fellow Leeds fan and culinary genius Brian Turner.

Funny was watching James Martins Home Comforts when I got the idea for the thread and after posting it who should appear on it but James Martins hero (apparently) Brian Turner.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I believe Gary Rhodes deserved at least a mention in the poll :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

OK added a few Chefs and allowed for votes to be changed :thumbup:

I'm too soft!
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Have gone for Ramsey I have to admit I love his trouble shooting programmes on TV.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

mapperleywhite wrote:I don't know if he is related to Paul, but I've come across Neil Rankin.

What I like about him is that he has a degree in physical science and applies it to cooking meat. Have a look on you tube for his technique for doing sirloin and you'll be drooling at the end I'm sure.

Amusingly he has a recipe which he calls 'slutty chicken' because he opens the legs of the bird as wide as possible to allow the heat to penetrate its innards.
Stand by to drool

And here's slutty chicken

Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Jamie Oliver blaming Brexit for the closure of some of his restaurants. Actually if anyone has eaten in one you realise it's overpriced and very average. Brexit my backside.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Jamie Oliver blaming Brexit for the closure of some of his restaurants. Actually if anyone has eaten in one you realise it's overpriced and very average. Brexit my backside.
It's become a great smoke screen for anything that's rubbish or failing Brexit has.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Not eaten in one of Oliver's restaurants but have tried a Marco Pierre White one twice. I know he only puts his name these restaurants but a small portion of fries is £3:50 & I mean small. Actually poor value for money in my humble opinion.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

The only time I've ever been anywhere that swanky (silent "S", by the way) was when I penned a couple of restaurant reviews for the freepaper I write for.
I usually just do the music and cinema reviews, but they do let me do other things from time to time.
The first place was a pretty standard city centre Chinese - it's very big and has a large private room with a karaoke system in it, but other than that it's nothing too amazing. Both the food and the service were very good and I've been before and since as a punter.
The second one was in a listed building down by the waterfront - the old Royal Mail building - and was called Radley's.
It's since changed hands and renamed but is still trading as a restaurant/bar :

I took my gf and we chatted to the chef afterwards as part of the write-up and the food was absolutely superb .. but the prices :wtf:

I'm from a lower-middle class family and we never went out to dinner much - normally to a pub, or my mum really liked a Harvester for some reason so we'd go there if she wanted to - but these were just silly money, and it's only in Southampton.

I had a starter which was called "Cappucino de poule" or some such nonsense : it was basically chicken soup served in a coffee cup and saucer with a bread stick instead of a spoon :D
It was utterly gorgeous, with a frothy top, but it cost about £14 !
(I wrote the piece about 12 years ago, I guess, so at least £20 today)
Then I had a lamb steak .. it fell off the bone and melted in the mouth ..
I can't even remember the desert but everything was gorgeous .. and with a bottle of wine the bill came to £140-odd, if we'd been paying.

I loved every mouthful but you can't eat like that every week, can you ?

Well, I can't anyway ..
I'd rather spend my money on records :)