Chuffing heck

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 5081

Re: Chuffing heck

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

I might have to get it done myself as i have an infection in the ear after swimming in the pool in a new housing estate i moved into which has its own 25 meter swimming pool for the residents. Its a clean pool, has its own filtering system and pool attendant who is always tinkering away with things making it a more better experience for anyone who swims there.

My issue is whenever i go than 3 feet deep under the water my ears get blocked and i cant seem to get the water fully out in my left ear. Normally i have no real issues but this time i tried all the techniques that usually work to encourage the water out but failed. two days later my ear is paining its affecting my throat and eye.

On another note, my dad has to get the syringe done twice a year due to dry ear wax build up, some have moist ear wax while those that have a dry ear wax find it hard to get it out even with cotton buds.

Hope your ears will be free Sir John.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:A lot of audiophiles (hi fi nuts) get their ears syringed on a regular basis.
Let me know how you get on, John - thought about doing it myself even though I never have any problems with my hearing in general.
Nobody's getting near my ear with a needle ffs
No needles involved Davy. They use a small 'pipe' which forces liquid into your ear and washes the wax out. For a week or so before you have it done you have to put drops of olive oil into your ear to soften the wax. However, I have been told that they are switching from this method to a suction method.
When I had my cataract op they injected the local anaesthetic into my eye with a needle. Didn't feel a thing though.
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:A lot of audiophiles (hi fi nuts) get their ears syringed on a regular basis.
Let me know how you get on, John - thought about doing it myself even though I never have any problems with my hearing in general.
I've had it done several times before, usually about every 10 years. It makes a tremendous difference. You don't realise how much your hearing has deteriorated. Not sure about DIY though, think you need to have it done through your GP practice. Your GP practice will have a look into your ears with their gizmo and give you advice on whether anything needs doing.
Last edited by johnh on 22 Jan 2020, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Nobody's getting near my ear with a needle ffs
No needles involved Davy. They use a small 'pipe' which forces liquid into your ear and washes the wax out. For a week or so before you have it done you have to put drops of olive oil into your ear to soften the wax. However, I have been told that they are switching from this method to a suction method.
When I had my cataract op they injected the local anaesthetic into my eye with a needle. Didn't feel a thing though.
I forgot the wink lol. had mine syringed years ago when at school. I was advised to use Hydrogen peroxide to soften the wax, it was a really weird feeling hearing it bubble away but it worked a treat. never had a problem since.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

PS As I am a bit hard of hearing, can you please type your responses slowly, thanks. :lol:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:PS As I am a bit hard of hearing, can you please type your responses slowly, thanks. :lol:
.: :: .:. . ::. .. :. Sorted John I've used braille for you :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:PS As I am a bit hard of hearing, can you please type your responses slowly, thanks. :lol:
Are you allowed to use language like that on this thread?
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Are you allowed to use language like that on this thread?
:lol: :lol: :lol: very good
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nice snowy scene to wake up to this morning.
Currently in the Lake District staying in an apartment high up a hill overlooking Ambleside.
The view of the town with a background of mountains covered in white is stunning.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Nice snowy scene to wake up to this morning.
Currently in the Lake District staying in an apartment high up a hill overlooking Ambleside.
The view of the town with a background of mountains covered in white is stunning.
Cold, windy, damp, grey and miserable here SW, I’m off to the leisure centre in a bit.

Enjoy your break :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.