Chuffing heck

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Chuffing heck

Post by PockWhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Anyone else fed up with all this rain ? It’s really getting depressing now.
Flaming June, ha! :roll:

Mind you it was a tad warm this time last year I seem to recall? ;)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Anyone else fed up with all this rain ? It’s really getting depressing now.
If I hear one more person in our village say ‘Well the gardens needed it’ :evil:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:
If I hear one more person in our village say ‘Well the gardens needed it’ :evil:
Well its true, the gardens did need it. :D

There is some good news though. My sister who lives up on the moors near Hebden Bridge, has no mains water. She relies on a natural well and pumps water for daily use. She was almost completely out of water prior to this rain. She has a pond in her field (normally about four or five feet deep) which is an indicator for the well. The pond has been completely dry for several weeks and she says that there is now a small puddle at the bottom. A sign that the water table is improving. So its not all bad. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Well its true, the gardens did need it. :D

There is some good news though. My sister who lives up on the moors near Hebden Bridge, has no mains water. She relies on a natural well and pumps water for daily use. She was almost completely out of water prior to this rain. She has a pond in her field (normally about four or five feet deep) which is an indicator for the well. The pond has been completely dry for several weeks and she says that there is now a small puddle at the bottom. A sign that the water table is improving. So its not all bad. :lol:
Thanks for that Sir John, the next time someone says to me the gardens needed it, I’ll reply with..............‘Yes, this rain is very welcome, Sir John’s sister’s well needed it’
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

YCCC should be top of the Championship but the last 3 games have all been ruined by rain. Surely it’s got to stop sometime soon.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

PockWhite wrote:

It sure was Pock, just bumbed into a cousin who reminded me its her birthday.
Last year it was celebrated with a BBQ and remember a lovely sunny day.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I packed in playing golf four years ago. Its times like this that I don't miss it. Just been down the golf club for some lunch, watched them teeing off, waterproofs, umbrella's, the lot. :D
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:YCCC should be top of the Championship but the last 3 games have all been ruined by rain. Surely it’s got to stop sometime soon.
Should be top????? Somerset have been lucky with the weather, I'll grant you, but they have still managed to beat teams in rain shortened games. Early days, though.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:
PockWhite wrote:

I remember back in the 1960's that Derbyshire had a game snowed off. Photo in the paper, pitch completely covered in snow - first week in June.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

johnh wrote:
Selby White wrote:
PockWhite wrote:

I remember back in the 1960's that Derbyshire had a game snowed off. Photo in the paper, pitch completely covered in snow - first week in June.
I seem to remember something similar in the 80s although it could have been late May. Love the British weather unless I'm in a caravan in August with the rain lashing down. Or at a festival. Almost always.