Chuffing heck

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Chuffing heck

Post by Davycc »

Supposedly to hit 30+ here over the next 2 days. Crazy totally crazy.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Davycc wrote:Supposedly to hit 30+ here over the next 2 days. Crazy totally crazy.
Just read that officially the highest ever recorded temp in Norn Iron was yesterday, next door to you Davy - 31.2 deg C in the wonderfully named Ballywatticock, County Down - or perhaps the reporter was suffering from sunstroke when typing the name :D

Highest ever down here was recorded just a few hundred metres from my house - 33.3C at Kilkenny Castle, albeit in June 1887!
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

kk white wrote:
Davycc wrote:Supposedly to hit 30+ here over the next 2 days. Crazy totally crazy.
Just read that officially the highest ever recorded temp in Norn Iron was yesterday, next door to you Davy - 31.2 deg C in the wonderfully named Ballywatticock, County Down - or perhaps the reporter was suffering from sunstroke when typing the name :D

Highest ever down here was recorded just a few hundred metres from my house - 33.3C at Kilkenny Castle, albeit in June 1887!
Yeah, Ballywatticock has become pretty famous up here overnight. Most people had never heard of it lol. I love the sun and am always getting it in the neck as I don't wear screen. As a family we have swarthy skin and have never burnt. However last weekend was becoming uncomfortable. On hols your geared up for it but not at home.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
kk white wrote:

Yeah, Ballywatticock has become pretty famous up here overnight. Most people had never heard of it lol. I love the sun and am always getting it in the neck as I don't wear screen. As a family we have swarthy skin and have never burnt. However last weekend was becoming uncomfortable. On hols your geared up for it but not at home.
Davy, the rain must have been warm then.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:
kk white wrote:

Davy, the rain must have been warm then.
People in the street with bars of soap and shampoo.... not a pretty sight.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Heavy rain here at the moment
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

30C here in Berkshire. No fun at night, had to get up at 2.00am to take my bed socks off. :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:30C here in Berkshire. No fun at night, had to get up at 2.00am to take my bed socks off. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Heavy rain here at the moment
Local website says thunderstorms forecast for later down here.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Well summer has well and truly gone we have torrential rain and winds here this morning