Chuffing heck

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Chuffing heck

Post by NottinghamWhite »

It's like the suns having an eclipse here today.

Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Here in Southampton it feels like the clock should read 8pm rather than 2pm.
It's a darkly orange sky and quite unsettling :o
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Cut my grass, front and back. Suitably cream crackered. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Just been to the zoo for an hour or so stroll around. I walked there in my coat, fully expected it to lash it down, walked back in a t-shirt under a brilliant blue sky. It's turned out lovely now after a very weird start to the day.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Cork City's ground today

Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just drove back from the west midlands, weird sky and sun all way home.
Wind just started to get up but nothing compared to other areas, stay safe everyone.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

The storm seems to be ripping up the West Coast of Ireland, sadly 2 deaths so far both related to accidents with tree's. How irresponsible is that Irish dude who decided to go for a dip in the sea. :crazy:

After a dark start we now have bright sunshine here in Blackpool with steady gusts.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Finished night shift this morning, woke up at just after 1pm and had to put bedroom light on to get dressed. Usually there's plenty of light even with the curtains drawn, but today seemed more like the middle of the night. Has brightened up a bit now and the sky has cleared from the strange orange colour everyone seems to have got at some point today.

Glad I'm not back at work til Thursday and will miss any high winds tonight.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Wow! That was a spectacular storm that passed over us today (in Cork). Four trees fell around us but thankfully did no harm. One decent sized one fell into my garden so there will be firewood for a while - it's an ill wind that doesn't blow some good!

Others weren't so lucky. Three people were killed and much structural damage has been done, including to Cork City's ground as NW has shown above. The club is owned by the fans and isn't a wealthy enterprise.

One Cork city school lost it's roof in very dramatic fashion - https://mobile.twitter.com/nadineoregan ... 4192007168

Hope all keep safe for the rest of the day as this storm passes on. It's probably in KK White's area now and then heading towards Davy, roughly anyway.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Glad to hear you're ok WK.

Not sure if anyone saw the absolute idiot who decided to go for a swim, in what was clearly terrible weather with very high waves. No doubt he would have wanted rescuing if he got into trouble, putting other individuals in danger.

Absolute clown :thumbdown:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.