Chuffing heck

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Chuffing heck

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Bonkers fog down here this morning, too.
I live barely a mile from Solent water so it often gets like this.
Just driven home from work very slowly as visibility is about 40 yards :o
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Fog's pretty bad down south. Saw that there is the maximum delay index of 5 at Heathrow and also earlier a flight due to go into London City was diverted to East Midlands.

Davy - don't they have ILS at LCY?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 728

All flights cancelled from Southampton this afternoon/evening and the Brighton match is called off too - both because of the fog.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Take care if have to go out to our southern members. No fun in fog, was personally involved in a accident many years ago because of it, fortunately nobody badly hurt but could have been much worse.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Really cold here today, only 29 degrees and even a had a quick shower as well.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 728

Yesterday at 4am it was clear.
It was crazy foggy at 8am and has been ever since .. and this is how it looks out my window this morning at half four :

I had to drive out to Salisbury yesterday afternoon and it was crazy.
Really thick fog leaving Southampton, thinning a little on the road north, but then it started undulating as I approached Wiltshire and I found myself dipping in and out of what appeared to be cloud cover, like an aerobatics plane showing off at low level.
There's a long dip into Salisbury itself as you come down on the A36 and it was quite eerie looking left and right at the rural fields, shrouded in mist. It resembled a scene from Game Of Thrones :crazy:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Mr Russell wrote:Really cold here today, only 29 degrees and even a had a quick shower as well.

Really feel for you mate :roll: it's not too bad here on the Costa today at least there's no overnight freeze & the fogs gone. Now where's me sun hat :D
Winner of the Europa League
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

I lived in Salisbury for 10 years, Rigger, and it was the worst place I've known for fog probably due to the Plain and the 5 rivers. Driving to the small Signalboxes I used to work to the west of Salisbury was horrible sometimes.
Deleted User 728

I was also sat on that bloody road in from the south for nearly half an hour in a jam.
It's always like it no matter what time of day, but given it was a Friday afternoon too ... :o

I did burst out laughing at one point though because a bloke in a suit was driving a bloody great tractor up the hill away from Salisbury and it had wedding ribbon on the front of it :D

Only seats one, mind ..
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Had to nip out last night around 9ish there was a clear starry sky and car had thick ice on windies, bloody freezing it was. Left for work this morning at 8am, cloudy and gloomy but no sign of ice and quite mild. Amazing what cloud cover does.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders