Chuffing heck

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Chuffing heck

Post by johnh »

Glorious blue sky, sunny day here in Berkshire. Must be the calm before the storm. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Glorious blue sky, sunny day here in Berkshire. Must be the calm before the storm. :shock:
Rain, rain and more rain up here Sir John, the garden borders are flooded again :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote:Glorious blue sky, sunny day here in Berkshire. Must be the calm before the storm. :shock:
Rain, rain and more rain up here Sir John, the garden borders are flooded again :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Monsoon season garden is totally flooded, never seen it so bad. Had a walk down the country lanes this morning and all the ditches where full to the brim, fields are ponds.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Took the grandchildren to East Preston beach this beautiful sunny morning and did a bit of rock pooling, looking a bit more overcast now.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

All our weather comes from the West. I phoned a mate of mine the other day who lives about 10 miles west of me. I mentioned what a nice day it was and he said that it was pouring down where he was. Sure enough, about 10 minutes later it was pouring down here too!
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

johnh wrote:All our weather comes from the West. I phoned a mate of mine the other day who lives about 10 miles west of me. I mentioned what a nice day it was and he said that it was pouring down where he was. Sure enough, about 10 minutes later it was pouring down here too!
Might be a bit different tomorrow John, the new beast from the east is on its way. :thumbdown:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

A light dusting of snow this morning almost all gone now but it’s bloody freezing.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Very cold here in Berkshire but the only snow has been some minute flakes blowing about in the wind but it hasn't settled. I think the old saying applies 'too cold for snow'!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just a bit more snow here but only a smattering, not melting though, still too cold. Just been to our newsagents who is also an off licence and general store. Got some eggs, butter, bread, biscuits, few tins of stuff and a couple of bottles of beer. Should keep us going for a few days until our Waitrose delivery comes.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Absolutely freezing here today. Bright and sunny but a strongish breeze goes through you like a knife - and I only walked from the car into the chemist. They had some hot water bottles, nearly bought one!