Chuffing heck

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Chuffing heck

Post by Sniffer »

johnh wrote:Had one of my heart 'do's' in the night, so was awake most of the time. We had torrential rain, non-stop, hammering against the windows all night. Stopped now. Heart should click back to normal rhythm soon as it always lasts 12 hours (almost to the second,weird). Started about 2.00 am. Suspect Davycc had something to do with it - the rain I mean, not the heart problem. :D
Had the hammering rain in Bristol last night/early morning. Bad enough to wake me up. It cleared up enough for a walk to the zoo with my son who's visiting for a few days. There was a biting, unsteadying wind, though.
Have you had a box fitted, John? My dad's got arrhythmia but it's too fast for a box so he has a skip load of pills to take everyday.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Sniffer wrote:
johnh wrote:Had one of my heart 'do's' in the night, so was awake most of the time. We had torrential rain, non-stop, hammering against the windows all night. Stopped now. Heart should click back to normal rhythm soon as it always lasts 12 hours (almost to the second,weird). Started about 2.00 am. Suspect Davycc had something to do with it - the rain I mean, not the heart problem. :D
Had the hammering rain in Bristol last night/early morning. Bad enough to wake me up. It cleared up enough for a walk to the zoo with my son who's visiting for a few days. There was a biting, unsteadying wind, though.
Have you had a box fitted, John? My dad's got arrhythmia but it's too fast for a box so he has a skip load of pills to take everyday.
Sniffer, my consultant advised against a pacemaker. He said that half the people who have them fitted ask for them to be removed. Apparently, when they kick-in its like a kick from a mule! Mine has been measured at 230 beats per minute but I wasn't aware that speed was a factor for fitting a pacemaker or not. I just keep taking the tablets. Only happens about a dozen times a year and always in the early hours 2/3am.
I once played against Don Revie.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Yeah raining here but a nice 32 degrees on the back of it :problem:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Mr Russell wrote:Yeah raining here but a nice 32 degrees on the back of it :problem:
Something I really enjoy about being in a warmer climate Mr R. no matter what stuff is thrown my way weather wise its always above 30 degrees where I am.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Yeah raining here but a nice 32 degrees on the back of it :problem:
Something I really enjoy about being in a warmer climate Mr R. no matter what stuff is thrown my way weather wise its always above 30 degrees where I am.
CW, one of my best Christmas presents was a set of thermal underwear. I would guess that you didn't find any in your stocking? :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

A bit breezy in the night but no damage to report other than missing drain cover (now found).

Hope everyone has got away unscathed.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Selby White wrote:A bit breezy in the night but no damage to report other than missing drain cover (now found).

Hope everyone has got away unscathed.
Blustery here in Blackpool, but tbh nothing out of the ordinary when the wind gets up. A few bits tossed around in the garden, but thankfully no fence panels since we had it upgraded. :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Just found one of our bench covers half way down the road, but otherwise all ok :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Its raining
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

expecting a hot weekend as Saturday will be 37 degrees followed up by 43 on Sunday, glad i mowed the lawn the other day, phew :angel:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.