Paris Marathon April 2017

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Paris Marathon April 2017

Post by birkybullufc »

Hi all.

This year I will be running the Paris Marathon again in April, raising money for the British Red Cross. I ran it in 2015 as some of you will remember, sporting LUFCTalk shirt. I greatly appreciated the very generous donations from you Talkers and would very much appreciate your support again.
Thanks in advance.
David (birkybull)

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... avidKemp10

(My fundraising page.) :thumbup:
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Deleted User 3289

Re: Paris Marathon April 2017

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Good Luck Mate i'll stick summit in for ya. You will probably need to refresh the topic nearer the time. "you will know that obviously" :thumbup:
birkybullufc

Post by birkybullufc »

Thanks Viduka.
Well just over 2 months to go until the big race. Training is going well. I did a half marathon last Monday and the old knees are holding up. Took a break from running and hiked up Whernside instead. :-) it's beautiful with the peak covered in snow.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... avidKemp10 That's the link if anyone would like to sponsor me.
Thanks
Deleted User 3289

I used to run myself but unfortunately had to stop due to injuries. I do miss it though! I only ever managed a half marathon "great north run" myself. Used to love the so called runners high, it's a great tool for fighting off any form of depression or mental illness.

It's a great cause and wish you the best of luck. :thumbup:
birkybullufc

Post by birkybullufc »

Thanks for the sponsorship and support VHTM.
Running certainly does help with depression. I entered the Paris marathon two years ago as a target to work towards, as an aide to getting over severe depression. A knee op 5 weeks before that marathon meant I could only run the first half and had to walk the rest, so I feel I have unfinished business. :-)
birkybullufc

Post by birkybullufc »

Well, I managed to complete the Paris marathon on Sunday in 3 hours 53 minutes and 53 seconds.
Still a little sore but happy to go under 4 hours and put to bed my impaired performance from 2 years ago.
I've raised over £700 so far for the British Red Cross. If you'd like to donate you can still do so at uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Davidkemp10
Deleted User 3289

Congrats Birky. Great time also. Did you experience the so called wall (not the Donald Trump type) ;)