Sport Newsflash

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Sport Newsflash

Post by DominanceUK »

johnh wrote:I remember going for a 147 once but I missed the second red.
Better than I did, John. I potted the yellow first :P
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I actually shed a tear when I saw Grosjean walk away from that crash in the Formula 1, an absolute miracle.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

What a final in the UK Championship tonight, fair play to Robertson and Trump :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:What a final in the UK Championship tonight, fair play to Robertson and Trump :clap: :clap: :clap:
We abandoned just before midnight as up early today (having some work done) just seen the result finished about 1am didn't it :crazy:
Unbelievable for those two, at start though it would be done and dusted well before 10pm.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:What a final in the UK Championship tonight, fair play to Robertson and Trump :clap: :clap: :clap:
We abandoned just before midnight as up early today (having some work done) just seen the result finished about 1am didn't it :crazy:
Unbelievable for those two, at start though it would be done and dusted well before 10pm.
Yes SW, finished around 1am, watch the last few pots if you get chance, Trump missing an easy pink to more or less win it will be hurting him this morning.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Watched Mark Selby outplay Ronnie O'Sullivan to retain the Scottish Open last night.

Such a solid player is Mark and Ronnie tried but was really off the boil.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Watched Mark Selby outplay Ronnie O'Sullivan to retain the Scottish Open last night.

O’Sullivan is starting to get on my whatsits with this playing on thing he does when the frame is gone, he claims he is doing it for practice but he carried on with just pink and black when he was way behind, and even just the black the other day. I was glad he got beaten for that reason alone.

P.S Another tournament starts today, the World Grand Prix, it’s on ITV4 rather than Eurosport though.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:Watched Mark Selby outplay Ronnie O'Sullivan to retain the Scottish Open last night.

O’Sullivan is starting to get on my whatsits with this playing on thing he does when the frame is gone, he claims he is doing it for practice but he carried on with just pink and black when he was way behind, and even just the black the other day. I was glad he got beaten for that reason alone.

P.S Another tournament starts today, the World Grand Prix, it’s on ITV4 rather than Eurosport though.
Must admit I find myself supporting his opponent most of the time he really is Childish. As for complaining Selby was drinking water then sitting down and picking his own drink up was priceless, total plonker.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Just watched first match and what a start Robert Milkins beat Neil Robertson 4 - 2 in about 90 mins.

Didn't expect that.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Just watched first match and what a start Robert Milkins beat Neil Robertson 4 - 2 in about 90 mins.

Didn't expect that.
No, neither did I, that first frame set the tone.

I’ve seen Milkins at the Crucible, really enjoy watching him, it’s as if he’s playing in his local club or something :D