Sport Newsflash

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Sport Newsflash

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Mr Russell wrote:What a great comeback by the New England Patriots, after being 28-3 down they come back in overtime (first time ever) to win 34-28 :clap:
I give up watching American Football years ago, but I would of loved to have watched that game. Seen the highlight on sky news. "what a performance" :thumbup:
Deleted User 3289

Who needs a car? Just make sure you live at the top of a steep hill. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/38925611
Deleted User 3289

Deleted User 3289

I don't watch Rugby these days but it sounded like a good competitive game. At least we beat the Welsh at something today. :D

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/wa ... land/77808
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I don't watch Rugby these days but it sounded like a good competitive game. At least we beat the Welsh at something today. :D

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/wa ... land/77808
We beat them twice. The English ladies team beat the Welsh 63 - 0.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Have just got back from a fantastic day at the Crucible theatre watching the World Snooker Championships.

Mark Selby and Barry Hawkins won fairly quickly, so the whole place was a bit disappointed. Then, Rob Walker comes on and says hang around for a bit, and we will sort an exhibition match. On come Dennis Taylor and Peter Ebdon to play a game, with John Virgo providing the commentary/description of shots. Some excellent play, Ebdon getting 8 reds/8 blacks at one stage, but the star of the show was Dennis Taylor, some hilarious jokes and tales from his past.

Great day out :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Have just got back from a fantastic day at the Crucible theatre watching the World Snooker Championships.

Mark Selby and Barry Hawkins won fairly quickly, so the whole place was a bit disappointed. Then, Rob Walker comes on and says hang around for a bit, and we will sort an exhibition match. On come Dennis Taylor and Peter Ebdon to play a game, with John Virgo providing the commentary/description of shots. Some excellent play, Ebdon getting 8 reds/8 blacks at one stage, but the star of the show was Dennis Taylor, some hilarious jokes and tales from his past.

You jammy blighter! What a bonus for the day!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

dlw10 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Have just got back from a fantastic day at the Crucible theatre watching the World Snooker Championships.

You jammy blighter! What a bonus for the day!
Oh forgot to add, they played a best of three, then Dennis Taylor does some stunning trick shots for 20 minutes or so. :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

excellent stuff BB. I love watching snooker. I remember watching a Dennis Taylor, Steve Davis exhibition match not long after the epic 1985 final which my dad brought me to see. I was an ardent Taylor fan after his heroics and still am today. He came from the golden generation of snooker loopy players and they were great times. every player had some for of a nickname. Snooker although still has a hold on me it has lost its appeal to the general masses of fans. Its not as entertaining as it used to be except for the odd flare up by Ronnie or Mark Allen now and then that shows they are human.

Glad you enjoyed it mate.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nice one BB, Remember back in the day before snooker players earned mega bucks they travelled around the country doing exhibitions. Was fortunate to see both Ray Reardon and John Spencer when they were world champions at the Railway Club in Selby (still got their autographs)
I wasn't there but apparently Alex Higgins came once and was so drink he was losing to local players.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.