Sport Newsflash

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Sport Newsflash

Post by Selby White »

Been to the "Tour de Yorkshire" today, initially went to Howden this morning had time for a coffee before watching the ladies race come through.

Then to Beverley in time for lunch and see all the teams introduced before cheering them off for the grand start.
Nice weather certainly brought big crowds out.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Due to ongoing injury concerns Andy Murray calling time on his Tennis career. Possible after Wimbledon? I hope he stays fit enough.

Great player on his day. Part of that quadruple in Federer, Nadal & Djokovic that have thrilled Tennis fans over the last Decade or so.

Some people think he's dour because he's not all song and dance in front of the camera's. I'd say in this age of drama that's refreshing to me.

The greatest British player ever. Now that is something to be proud of. Enjoy the rest of your life Andy. :clap:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Due to ongoing injury concerns Andy Murray calling time on his Tennis career. Possible after Wimbledon? I hope he stays fit enough.

Great player on his day. Part of that quadruple in Federer, Nadal & Djokovic that have thrilled Tennis fans over the last Decade or so.

Some people think he's dour because he's not all song and dance in front of the camera's. I'd say in this age of drama that's refreshing to me.

The greatest British player ever. Now that is something to be proud of. Enjoy the rest of your life Andy. :clap:
The greatest British player ever? Fred Perry?
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

Subjective obviously John. Especially has i never got to see Fred Perry in action. Imo because of the amount of players on tour and the quality of the above names mentioned, to reach number 1 in the world in that company you have to be pretty special. Even i would back myself to return a serve back in the 1930-40's :shifty:

There's only one winner when it comes to fashion tho. :angel:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

You can only be judged 'in your own time'. Perry won 8 Grand Slams and 3 consecutive Wimbledon's.
Deleted User 3289

Congratulations to Judd Trump (must be in the name) on winning his first Snooker World Championship. :clap:

Despite the Rocket going out early, the tournament was the best ever. Records going for century breaks in the tournament and also the final.

Judd has finally realised his special talent. No current player plays attacking shots like Trump, is cue power is phenomenal, and now is safety game as caught up he is a formidable force. Great to see other professionals giving him his dues. Lets hope he can take over the mantle from Ronnie and entertain us for many years to come and not do a Shaun Murphy.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Have to agree Vid, that’s the best tournament ever, think they are stretching it saying it was one of the best finals ever though.

We go there every year, this year we saw Gilbert V Perry and Trump v Un Nooh. Trump could have lost that too, just shows how one result can turn a tournament.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Sisters are doin it for themselves, well and the UK. What performances from first Dina Asher Smith in securing Silver and Gold in the 100 & 200m sprints. And then the unstoppable Katrina Johnson Thompson who narrowly missed out on a spell binding 7000 points in the Heptathlon but still secured Gold with a Record Breaking (UK) 6981 points. :clap:

Come on Boys keep up.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Telegraph Sport Section today.

In tomorrow's Sport section: Exclusive - EFL chief Shaun Harvey 'I wanted to stage cup draw in outer space'.

Can't wait. :shock:
Deleted User 3289

Somebody told me we smashed the Aussies 40 -16 in the Rugby world cup. It can't be true can it? :D

I was working but alot of customer's reliably informed me the second half was fantastic.