Sport Newsflash

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Re: Sport Newsflash

Postby Selby White » 12 Jan 2021, 10:05

Thought the Murphy v Williams game last night was excellent, both played well but some of Murphys shots were top drawer along with is occasional silly miss added to the drama.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 13531
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: Sport Newsflash

Postby Barlow Boy » 12 Jan 2021, 12:50

Selby White wrote:Thought the Murphy v Williams game last night was excellent, both played well but some of Murphys shots were top drawer along with is occasional silly miss added to the drama.

I’m not particularly keen on either to be honest, those stupid one arm shots that Williams does strike me as disrespectful and the way Murphy stomps round the table does my head in :twisted:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 9432
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 19:28
Location: Barlow, obviously.

Re: Sport Newsflash

Postby Barlow Boy » 12 Jan 2021, 19:02

After being 3-1 and 5-3 up, Robertson goes out 6-5. Fantastic stuff from Bingtao
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 9432
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 19:28
Location: Barlow, obviously.

Re: Sport Newsflash

Postby Selby White » 12 Jan 2021, 19:10

Barlow Boy wrote:After being 3-1 and 5-3 up, Robertson goes out 6-5. Fantastic stuff from Bingtao


Just caught the last 3 frames, good timing.

Just selected the wine for tonight's match, well he does share a name, us Selbys have to stick together ;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 13531
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: Sport Newsflash

Postby Barlow Boy » 13 Jan 2021, 16:17

Another cracker this afternoon, ROS comes from 5-3 down against Ding to win 6-5.

Hope you caught it SW.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 9432
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 19:28
Location: Barlow, obviously.

Re: Sport Newsflash

Postby Selby White » 13 Jan 2021, 17:15

Barlow Boy wrote:Another cracker this afternoon, ROS comes from 5-3 down against Ding to win 6-5.

Hope you caught it SW.


Yes watched it on BBC 2, technically highlights but only skipped one frame.

Cracking match Ding just seems to crack mentally when it gets to the nitty gritty. Looks as good as anyone most of the time.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 13531
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: Sport Newsflash

Postby johnh » 13 Jan 2021, 17:57

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Another cracker this afternoon, ROS comes from 5-3 down against Ding to win 6-5.

Hope you caught it SW.


Yes watched it on BBC 2, technically highlights but only skipped one frame.

Cracking match Ding just seems to crack mentally when it gets to the nitty gritty. Looks as good as anyone most of the time.


Can't believe Ding went for that brown when an easy snooker was the option. He didn't really get on a red either (even though Ronnie potted it.)
I once played against Don Revie.
User avatar
johnh
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 7940
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 15:26

Re: Sport Newsflash

Postby Barlow Boy » 13 Jan 2021, 18:01

johnh wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Another cracker this afternoon, ROS comes from 5-3 down against Ding to win 6-5.

Hope you caught it SW.


Yes watched it on BBC 2, technically highlights but only skipped one frame.

Cracking match Ding just seems to crack mentally when it gets to the nitty gritty. Looks as good as anyone most of the time.


Can't believe Ding went for that brown when an easy snooker was the option. He didn't really get on a red either (even though Ronnie potted it.)

I said to Mrs BB, what on earth is he doing, as SW says he seemed to crack mentally.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 9432
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 19:28
Location: Barlow, obviously.

Re: Sport Newsflash

Postby Barlow Boy » 14 Jan 2021, 18:44

Yet another cracker this afternoon, Gilbert beats Wilson 6-5.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 9432
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 19:28
Location: Barlow, obviously.

Re: Sport Newsflash

Postby Selby White » 14 Jan 2021, 18:59

Barlow Boy wrote:Yet another cracker this afternoon, Gilbert beats Wilson 6-5.


Only watched some of the frames in the middle but would have backed Wilson.

Do like the format with the top 16 only in it, any match can go either way. Think best of 11 is great too one match per session.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 13531
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron