Sport Newsflash

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Sport Newsflash

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:Castleford Tigers take on St Helens in the cup final today, not the biggest rugby fan but will be hoping Cas can win it although will be underdogs.
Followed Cas home and away without missing a game for 11 years, including Paris twice. Struggled to cope going to both the football and rugby, so gave the rugby up, like you I’ll be hoping Cas win.
I too was hoping for a Cas win today, although for obvious reasons it would probably more accurate to say that I was hoping for a St Helens defeat.

Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. :thumbdown:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:Castleford Tigers take on St Helens in the cup final today, not the biggest rugby fan but will be hoping Cas can win it although will be underdogs.
Followed Cas home and away without missing a game for 11 years, including Paris twice. Struggled to cope going to both the football and rugby, so gave the rugby up, like you I’ll be hoping Cas win.
I too was hoping for a Cas win today, although for obvious reasons it would probably more accurate to say that I was hoping for a St Helens defeat.

Obviously disappointed, but the best team won in the end, irrespective of the controversy surrounding one of the Saints tries.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Obviously disappointed, but the best team won in the end, irrespective of the controversy surrounding one of the Saints tries.
Would agree best team won but a better start to the 2nd half and things would have been different I feel.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Emma Raducanu reaches the US Open tennis final, at the age of just 18 :clap:

All sorts of records broken :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Emma Raducanu reaches the US Open tennis final, at the age of just 18 :clap:

Image :shock:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Emma Raducanu reaches the US Open tennis final, at the age of just 18 :clap:

Well spotted :thumbup:

Been up to Newcastle for Barlow Juniors’ graduation ceremony, as you noticed it was an early start :crazy:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Been up to Newcastle for Barlow Juniors’ graduation ceremony, as you noticed it was an early start :crazy:
Hope you had a great day BB. Our grandson never had a graduation ceremony due to Covid. Got his degree through the post, no photo's. He doesn't seem bothered, we are. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Hope you had a great day BB. Our grandson never had a graduation ceremony due to Covid. Got his degree through the post, no photo's. He doesn't seem bothered, we are. :shock:
Had a lovely day, thank you Sir John.

I think I’ve mentioned before he got a first in his degree, and in the programme, which was left on our seats, he’s got a little asterisk next to his name to reflect this, one of only 3 students on the whole course.

We too were restricted, in that he could only have two guests, but the university put it on line live and by all accounts it was an excellent stream.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Well done BB junior, obviously takes after his mother :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:Well done BB junior, obviously takes after his mother :thumbup:
middle finger emoji