The President of the USA

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: The President of the USA

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Until there is a investigation into who ordered the chemical attacks its a matter of opinion. And for me, Assad is not that foolish to order such a attack with the media in full glare and the obvious ramifications from the worlds leaders in such a case. I may be wrong just my opinion. I must be the devil incarnate for suggesting that a woman, mother, would be appalled by her husband ordering a barbaric chemical attack on innocent woman and children. Maybe a just live in a parallel universe? I'm going to join my mates Hitler and Mussolini for a pint of the blackstuff.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I must be the devil incarnate for suggesting that a woman, mother, would be appalled by her husband ordering a barbaric chemical attack on innocent woman and children. Maybe a just live in a parallel universe? I'm going to join my mates Hitler and Mussolini for a pint of the blackstuff.
Of course you're not the Devil incarnate (unless you secretly are) but are you suggesting that women, mothers, are different to men in their lust for power or material gain? Are you suggesting a wife wouldn't fight for her husband, a queen for her king? Are you suggesting that all women are God's cuddly, cute, gentle creatures, all equally appalled by indecent language, farting and the killing of babies. Are you suggesting that it is impossible for a woman to ignore the evidence of her own eyes in order to preserve her position in society - that is if she is allowed to see in the first place? If you are then, no, you're not the Devil incarnate, you are deluded, borderline sexist and a hangover from the 19th century.
More music videos, please. :)
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Sadly, history is littered with despots and leaders of repressive regimes that have had a wife/girlfriend on their arms throughout their murderous reign. To the best of my knowledge they have never stilled the acts of their men. I don't think that you are a monster for suggesting that a wife may prevent such vicious acts, on the contrary I think it's a very optimistic and innocent thought.

As for women's propensity for violence, there's no doubt it has been far less in history, but this may have more to do with their difficulties in getting such power or position in the first place. There is a very interesting book called "Shoot The Women First" which talks about women's role in terrorist organisations and the belief by security forces that they tend to be more extreme, more dangerous and less likely to give up than their male counterparts. Hence the name of the book. Depressing thought really.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Thank goodness Eva Braun stifled Adolph's murderous desire, thank goodness Bloody Mary invented a cocktail, thank goodness QE1 was so tolerant of Catholics, thank goodness Margaret Thatcher was too busy coo-ing over her grandchildren to take on Argentina. That should do it. :)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

White Knight wrote:Sadly, history is littered with despots and leaders of repressive regimes that have had a wife/girlfriend on their arms throughout their murderous reign. To the best of my knowledge they have never stilled the acts of their men. I don't think that you are a monster for suggesting that a wife may prevent such vicious acts, on the contrary I think it's a very optimistic and innocent thought.

As for women's propensity for violence, there's no doubt it has been far less in history, but this may have more to do with their difficulties in getting such power or position in the first place. There is a very interesting book called "Shoot The Women First" which talks about women's role in terrorist organisations and the belief by security forces that they tend to be more extreme, more dangerous and less likely to give up than their male counterparts. Hence the name of the book. Depressing thought really.

Why is it depressing ?
I find the fact you closed your post on that note really interesting and almost contradictory given the last sentence of the previous paragraph :eh:

I don't think it matters what sex someone is when it comes to violence - some people are just wired that way, aren't they ?
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Sniffer wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I must be the devil incarnate for suggesting that a woman, mother, would be appalled by her husband ordering a barbaric chemical attack on innocent woman and children. Maybe a just live in a parallel universe? I'm going to join my mates Hitler and Mussolini for a pint of the blackstuff.
Of course you're not the Devil incarnate (unless you secretly are) but are you suggesting that women, mothers, are different to men in their lust for power or material gain? Are you suggesting a wife wouldn't fight for her husband, a queen for her king? Are you suggesting that all women are God's cuddly, cute, gentle creatures, all equally appalled by indecent language, farting and the killing of babies. Are you suggesting that it is impossible for a woman to ignore the evidence of her own eyes in order to preserve her position in society - that is if she is allowed to see in the first place? If you are then, no, you're not the Devil incarnate, you are deluded, borderline sexist and a hangover from the 19th century.
More music videos, please. :)
I must be lucky, the ones I have had the pleasure of meeting have been exactly that. Although the farting leaves a lot to be desired. :D

More music videos in the pipeline :thumbup:
White Knight

Post by White Knight »

rigger wrote: Why is it depressing ?
I find the fact you closed your post on that note really interesting and almost contradictory given the last sentence of the previous paragraph :eh:

I don't think it matters what sex someone is when it comes to violence - some people are just wired that way, aren't they ?
I totally agree about the irrelevance of sex when it comes to violence and how power corrupts. I suppose what is depressing is based on the books' theme. Obviously, the security forces feel women could be worse in given circumstances to say that there should have to be such a policy as this.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Maybe.
May also be down to the fact that historically any woman involved in such a thing - wasn't there one in the Baader-Meinhof gang ? - they would've been a particularly sociopathic individual given that the cases cited were some years ago.

Now, with women being admitted to a lot of armies as front-line troops and the rise in equality in the west I doubt we should be so surprised to find them taking part.
White Knight

Post by White Knight »

President DT will no doubt be further emboldened in using force as a result of the generally positive raction to the missle attack on the Syrian air base. It seems that some survey said that 65% of Americans aporoved of the move. Trump hasn't seen such a rating as this since the early days of The Apprentice.

As someone wrote about the attack, it was the right thing to do, but it was done for the wrong reason. Now Trump probably feels he can distract everyone from his domestic mess and Russian connections by other such operations in Syria or perhaps North Korea. Not a good lesson for the likes of him to learn. Hold on tight everyone, turbulence ahead.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Having studied and taught psychology for a number of years I can clearly see Trump's psychopathic tendencies.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.2957688