The President of the USA

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: The President of the USA

Post by PockWhite »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I'm not American but I found myself punching the air with optimism....

Go on the Don! Prime Minister are you listening?

Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Looks like the USA, Russian bromance could be over with Trump ordering airstrikes on a Syrian airbase which they believe were responsible for the chemical attack. We all no what happens to a country when the west help bring a dictator down, chaos ensues. Difficult to see who is telling the truth imo and it can only lead to more instability in the middle east.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Looks like the USA, Russian bromance could be over with Trump ordering airstrikes on a Syrian airbase which they believe were responsible for the chemical attack. We all no what happens to a country when the west help bring a dictator down, chaos ensues. Difficult to see who is telling the truth imo and it can only lead to more instability in the middle east.
Politically and grammatically we are miles apart, VHTM, but on this I have to agree with you. There is an old saying that "my enemy's enemy is my friend", but if your enemy's enemy is also your enemy you've got a bit of a problem. If you destroy planes that, not only attack civilians but also Daesh (I detest the "so-called" nonsense), who are you really helping? The only way to "win" in Syria is to have a double pronged attack: one at Assad and one at the terrorists. And then you've got to hope the rebels that you want to take over are a decent bunch. Not easy.
Deleted User 3289

Is it wrong to think that Trump may have ordered the strikes purely for brownie points within the media after his unnecessary treatment? Launching airstrikes without concrete evidence who ordered the chemical attack is a crazy move imo.

I don't for one minute believe Assad would order a chemical attack on his own citizens especially woman & children. He has a British wife who looks quite respectable, what would she think of that? I really don't get America's beef with Assad, I presume it stems from his father, and America double crossing him in the past.

If rebels were trying to bring Trump down he would use any force necessary to quell the insurgence, but not chemical weapons, whoever ordered that has made a big mistake for the whole world not just Assad. It's a real mess, you have Iran, Russia supporting Assad, you have most of the West supporting the rebels and you have Daesh filling in the gaps.

If Iraq is anything to go by better the devil you know imo, these countries will never be at rest because fundamentally they are poor regardless who is in charge.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Is it wrong to think that Trump may have ordered the strikes purely for brownie points within the media after his unnecessary treatment?

I couldn't get past that initial statement.

:wtf:
Deleted User 3289

rigger wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Is it wrong to think that Trump may have ordered the strikes purely for brownie points within the media after his unnecessary treatment?

I couldn't get past that initial statement.

:wtf:
I can't think of two many Presidents who have had as much negative media bias as Trump, regardless of whether you think he deserves it or not? I'm sure now he has given the media something to write about (savior Trump, puts a stop to brutal dictator Assad) all will be forgiven and they will become best of friends again.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Negative media ?
He doesn't really need it because he does it himself.

How many times has he been bankrupt ?
How many times has he put his foot in his mouth ?
The man is a dinosaur and it's frightening that he's now in charge of the western world.
I'm just glad that the people with the power behind the throne seem to be reigning him in so far, present topic excluded.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Its a good job I'm not a betting man or I would have lost my house on betting that Trump wouldn't get elected. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Its a good job I'm not a betting man or I would have lost my house on betting that Trump wouldn't get elected. :shock:
It's one i predicated (not supported) but saying that didn't have any time for Hilary either.
Wouldn't buy a used car off either of them.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote: I don't for one minute believe Assad would order a chemical attack on his own citizens especially woman & children. He has a British wife who looks quite respectable, what would she think of that?
God bless your innocence VHTM. He is his father's son, a chip off the old block, and will do anything to hold onto power.
As for his British wife - do you think she'd stop him because she's a woman or because she is British? Either way you are seriously mistaken. Aside from the potential racism in the comment, the fight for power and money and then the fight to hold it, makes everyone, from everywhere, a potential despot given the right circumstances.